Girls would you ever date a guy who was younger than you?

Even if it was only by a year or 2? Like lets says you were 20 and he's 18 or 21 and 23.ect? or do you only date older guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy I'm currently interested in is younger than me and a lot of my friends are currently dating guys younger than them. I don't think it matters at all. I probably wouldn't want to go much more than 3 years younger than me right now because of maturity level, but I have no problem with it.

What Girls Said 11

• no issues if I am really in to him and he is mature and thinks on my level. But I would not go under 21. ( I am 24). so that's a no no no to me personally.

• Yeah, 2 or 3 years is tiny. That wouldn't pose a problem for me =) As long as I liked the dude romantically then I'd be fine with it XD

• i use to think that I never would, I just couldn't see how it would work since I'm in school.

but that all changed when I met my boyfriend, Jaxon. he is 13 tuning 14 in a few months, and I'm 16, and I wouldn't change a thing. Jaxon is the best thing in my life right now.

we have a similar maturity level (which is either a good thing for him, or a bad thing for him), we have similar interests, we get along really well, I feel safe around him, and most importantly of all I fell like I can be myself around him.

my friends have often commented on how I'm quite "childish" at times I just say I'm having fun, and that they should try it sometimes, but with Jaxon we'r both childish together. Ever since I started going out with him, my friends have started jokingly called me a paedophile, and I find it quite funny.

• Great answer!

• Thanks. although my answer has changed slightly in the 5 months since I posted this. Only because Jaxon couldn't take all the jokes from his peers so broke it off. So now, My new boyfriend Arron, although the age gap isn't as long, 1 year and 4 days, He is often more mature then me, and defiantly has his head on his shoulders, but we can still be immature together. Half of the guys I have dated have been younger then me, and I have no issue with that at all.

• My sister is 21 and dating an 18 year old (In about 5 months (17 is the legal age of consent here, so she's not doing anything wrong)) So they are 3 years and 5 months apart? I mean the guy has been through a lot so he's pretty mature. However, she has to deal with her friends making jokes all the time. Besides that she is really comfortable and happy with him - which is rare. They have a connection and that's that.

• 17 is legal? where do you live? I thought it was 18 everwhere in the us?

• In NY. In the states it can actually be anywhere from 14 to 17 depending where. Crazy right? I'm a children studies major, so I've studied this. Look it up if you wan though.

• Well I'm 27, so I've no issues with going under that in age.

• Do most girls under 27 have an issue with it? At what point does your age come into consideration

• Yes, my current boyfriend is 21, and I'm 23.

• Did and would again.

• My boyfriend is five months and 16 days younger than me.. And I have dated a guy that was one year younger but I wouldn't recommend it... Because although their immaturity is cute at first it gets old quick. I'd rather have someone with a head on their shoulders

• I think every girl has their own opinion to this, but I have to say no.. sorry. I think it's the feeling of security and an indication of how mature a guy is. I like guys who are the same age or older than me.

• I personally consider it weird because of this social rules, but I find myself in the same position. The guy I'm in love with is 5 years younger than me (I hate that), but he is like my other half so I'm trying to deal with the weirdness.

I think age is just a number... some guys are older in maturity,so that should also be considered.

• Age doesn't really matter as long as the age gap isn't big. My boyfriend is a month younger than me :)

What Guys Said 0