Who should pay, the guy or girl?

Who do you think should pay on a date, the guy or girl? Or should it be split? Guys generally just pay for me when I'm out with them (unless it's a really old friend and we take turns paying), but I don't want them to think I expect it. I always offer to pay, but I'm never sure how much I should insist, so I say it once or twice. Most of the time I will end up saying "I'll get it the next time." Are guys annoyed or flattered when a girl offers?

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't know I grew up where the guy always pays :P. But if anything if she pays for me...i make it up like next time. ex. She buys a pop, and buys one for me, I'll show up after she's done work with coffee.

But as far as paying goes, it never EVER let it exceed the 50% mark. I mean, paying for tip is OK with me...but if she goes for the meal...chuck norris will happen.

I don't know ladies tell me if that's ok...cuz I mean I've been told modern is 50/50 but call me old fashion I guess!

What Guys Said 2

• I get annoyed when a girl offers. Generally I'll just shrug it off ("your money's no good here").

If you're unsure on what to do with a new guy, offer once. Then if he rebuffs your offer, never offer to pay again.

• I never got laid going dutch, so I usually pay but don't expect an expensive first date.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the general rule of thumb is that whoever asks the other person out on the date should pay, imo

• If it were me, I'd offer to pay half. If he refused, then I'd offer to pay for the tip. I would get really annoyed though if he never let me pay.

• in the beginning I offered to pay, but he always said he would get it. so I just stopped offering