I think my brother is depressed is he?

ok so last year was his senior year in hs, and he always went to his friends houses cause he was the only one who can drive (hes a year older than almost all of them) his to best friends are dan and taylor and he hangs out with this girl chelsy there not dating, so yea he was always hanging out with them and never home, so that lead to arguments with my parents and stuff like all the time.

so yea the year goes on and he never had a girlfriend ever, and he didn't go to his prom none of them, but his friends did and they always joked by saying that he was too cool for prom. so he went to europe for 2 weeks and his friend chelsy went to Guatemala and she was suppose to be there for 3 weeks but never came back still there today. and I live with him ( I'm older) and he goes to community collage so he never is going to have dorm life. what he wants to do is hvac and there are no girls in his building at all. he never invites friends over for parties cause they live an hour away. and he never hooks up with girls at parties but talks to them all the time and gets there numbers. but nothing after. and every time we are watching a movie and we see somthing about like hs and prom he turns his head or puts his head down, same thing every time there is like a kissing scene and stuff. or he like gets up and does somthing. and next year he might have to live alone cause I graduate. he says that he is fine with it. he doesn't have a facebook he can't find a job he filled out at least 30 applications and not one job. he sleeps longer than usual and he got into a big fight last night cause a guy slapped a girl ( he won but the girl got pissed at him for some reason) he was put in cuffs but got out of it luckily. but he is just I don't know not like a normal him is he depressed I mean if he is what do I do. thanks for reading this

Most Helpful Guy

• He may be but I wouldn't freak out yet and with that situation it would be hard to really help change thugs because a lot of it is out of your control. The best thing yOu can do Is be there for him and let him know your there if he has any problems. I would watch his behavior especially after the fight and make sure he isn't becoming destructive because that's when you definitely need to involve a professional but I would try and make sure he is going out because if he stays home all the time than it will get worse.

What Guys Said 1

• Keep an eye on his behavior , from what you said there are definitely some signs of depression there, but that does not necessarily mean that he is. It could just be stress. Just be there for him, get him outside, doing sport or something if he stays inside it will make things worse I guarantee you.

hope this helps

What Girls Said 2

• sorry we won't know for sure,i suggest you talk to him about it.

communication is always the key to everthing.

• Perhaps he should move to Guatemala...