Which girl do you go for?

This guy likes me, but my friend really likes him. My friend is very aggressive and is making it really obvious that she wants to be him. This isn't really my style and now I'm afraid he thinks I'm not interested by comparison, yet I know he likes me more than he likes her. Guys, in this situation would you go with the girl you really like, or the one who is making it obvious she likes you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm...lucky guy...

I guess it depends on the guy and how much he'd be willing to settle for your friend if he thought you weren't interested.

If I were in his place, I might go for your friend at first, simply because of the risk/reward trade-off. See, if I go for you, it's potentially an all-or-nothing bet. If you do like me, then I win. But if it turns out you don't like me, then I might lose both you and your friend (who might just move on, after seeing that I choose you over your friend).

Also, there's the fact that people grow more attracted to people they know are interested in them. This is well-known in psychology.

On the other hand, I tend to be more attracted to shy subtle girls than aggressive outgoing girls, so I watch closely and look for any signs that might tell me they're interested. This guy might think the same way. If that's the case, then you're still in the running. It sounds like he hesitated to choose between you and your friend, which probably means he still has some hope that you're interested in him.

What I think you want to do now is try to maneuver a way to spend some time alone with him, without your friend. This will give him a better chance to get to know you on your own terms. Once there's like a real connection established, it significantly increases the chances that he'll choose you over your friend, especially when he initially liked you more. But without that connection, he might go for your friend just because it's a huge gamble otherwise.

Hope this helps.

What Guys Said 3

• well the thing is that when a guy that likes a girl and sees that her friend is trying to get with him, that makes him think you aren't interested. why? because he thinks that you might be trying to hook them up or because she is your friend whose into him, he will think that you aren't interested

• Thats tuff, but I would probably go with the girl I really like, but you should show some effort just get him alone and look him in the eyes and tell him how you feel :) it makes things eaiser when we understand.

• The one I like.

What Girls Said 1

• That happened to me where me and my friend both liked a guy and I thought he liked her because she is more outgoing and obvious she liked him, but I was so not obvious. Then we texted a lot and he kept asking me who I liked but I made him tell me first. He ended up liking me and he was surprised I liked him back. Sometimes guys like girls that aren't too pushy.