First date and guy called me to reschedule. Is that a bad sign?

Hmm. Ok so I had a first date planned with this guy for this evening. He picked the spot etc.

Ok - but he just called me 6 and a half hours before the scheduled time to see if we could move it because he just found out an old friend is in town who he could only see tonight. He wanted to move it to tomorrow and that didn't work for me. So now we are settled on Wednesday.

I guess all I could do was be nice about it, but is it considered rude or perfectly fair? It ticks me off a little bit to be honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• well I mean if he is telling the truth then I would think its okay. the only bad thing woujld be if that so called old friend was a girl. but lets be honest there's no way you'll find out now so id just go on the date and see how things go. its only the frst time he did this. but if it keeps happening then def cut him loose

• Even if the 'old friend' was a girl it would not worry me, I have loads of old friends from school that are boys, some I know better than my own brother, BUT I don't date them, never would. So girl or boy it should not matter.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he telling the truth ad leased he didn't stand you up . Maybe He's a little shy or not been on many dates. ya it sucks but give the guy a chance to make it up to you.

• Yeah for now I agree. He has behaved with good manners so far and overall has behaved like a gentleman in his approach.

What Girls Said 3

• I think its bad that he left it til the day to blow you out, however I have been blown out an hour before which is totally wrong. Good for you for not agreeing to his first suggestion and not moving your other plans. Go, see what he is like and if he seems genuine.

• It's annoying but I guess you'll just have to deal with it for now. if he does that repeatedly then I think you should move on. But this is only his first offense so cut him some slack.

• He told you about it rather than just not turn up, I would say that's a good sign. Don't read anything into him changing arrangements, it happens and he had the good manners to tell you.

link

• No you are right - his behavior has been gentlemanly so far so I'll take it at face value.