GUYS: If you like the girl, would you pay all the time when you go on dates?

I wonder, if a guy likes a girl and they go on dates, does the guy have to pay? And if the guy makes the girl pay, does that mean that he doesn't like her that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually pay, but if its something "extra" she wants to do... like if she wants to watch two movies at a theater instead of just one... then I let her pay for the 2nd movie. She knows that I budget everything. I've got other expenses to take care of unfortunately, and I can't spend my check on her, as much as I'd like to be able to do that. If we go out and its not a planned "official" date... then we split the costs. Like lunch I'll pay my bill and she'll pay hers. When I do pay on "non-date" days, she gets mad and ends up paying for the next meal. So it breaks even anyway, but its the concept of the matter I guess.

What Guys Said 7

• Hello,

no way.. Id pay for the first few dates but she needs to start pulling her own weight.. she has a job so there's no reason why she cant..

just my 2 cents

Chris

• Pay attention to how appropriate he does everything. He might be broke, he might be cheap, he may have been there and done that. Pay attention to eye contact, body language, and patience when you wonder what he wants.

• What do you mean by "he may have been there and done that" ?

• I wouldn't pay all the time unless there was some future in it. Been there and done that, I don't buy women, they will not respect a person who buys them. Been there-done that...learning from bad experiences in the past.

• the guy shouldn't have to pay EVERY time...but he should offer

• After a free meal fabulous87?

Men and women are more equal these days and both have to put into a relationship what they want out of it. Women who go on dates and expect things to be paid for by the man because of some birth right ruin dating for the good women out there.

I do often pay for things when I take my girlfriend out but not because it's expected of me but out of love and a want to treat her, but while we were dating we both paid our equal share.

• Personally, I do my best to pay, whether I like the girl or not. Guys should just do that (at least that's how I was raised). If the guy MAKES the girl foot the bill, he's just an a*shole, and shouldn't be given the time of day.

• I would. I don't know why I just feel it's a nice thing to do. As for if a guy makes you pay I'm not sure. Every guy is different or maybe he was short on money.

• I feel the girl should pay to be in the company of such a charming guy as myself. ;)

• lol I hope your joking. your cute but no girl wants to pay unless she is totally liberated/ your mother/ a lesbian friend etc. plus you look like a womans prince charming. seel the deal.

• Hahaha I bet you have a lot of girls paying for you!

What Girls Said 1

• Just my thought, I NEVER go on a date expecting the guy to pay. Of course, its nice of them to do it, but I always offer to at least pay my share. Once a guy is my boyfriend and we are exclusive, then I will start paying for some of the dinners instead of just my share.

And guys...my opinion...at least on the first date, if you do not pay for her, I think that says your not into her. So IF YOU ARE INTO HER, PAY. if your not, then tell her you want to split it and she should get the hint. I would anyway :). Good question!

• I would'nt have a problem paying for the first date but if she offered to pay her half or buy a round of drinks my respect for her would increase 100 fold and I wouldn't view her as an object that can be purchased. And isn't that what women want?

Put yourself in a guys position, you go on a date and spend up to ?100+ and if there is no spark you might have to do the same again next week with a differant girl but for you it's just a little time invested. Nice little gender role you have there.

• You are SOOO RIGHT!. My ex always paid. Our very first time meeting he bought me all these gifts. He claimed he does that for his friends, but this was the first time he EVER met me. Looking back, I think him doing that was his only way to get a girl. He was very insecure, he just hid it well. Very very good point! I will def keep that in mind for future dates, thank u!

• i agree with you... this chick is good!...