How often to text or call?

Hi guys and girls,

Girls: How often do you like to hear from a guy you are interested in?

(hourly, daily, every few days, weekly)

Would you rather him call, text you, or both?

Guys: How often do you text or call a girl you are interested in?

(hourly, daily, every few days, weekly)

How do you usually contact her?

(Call, text, both)

Obviously in person is probably better than both texting or calling - I'm asking this to gauge what people typically do/expect as far as cellphones go.

Most Helpful Girl

• I met a guy it been just two weeks he texts me in the once in morning on his lunch break at work and once when he gets home at night it really nice and if I text back any of the times asking him something he is willing to text back and answer but after a week I would have liked it more if he did call too because there is only so much you can say in a text and I think calling would show to me he is a bit more interested But if your not keep texting and from when you have her number unless she said just texting call her too but one phone call and a text is enough if you do

What Girls Said 9

• I know that the guy friends in my life are busy, and I know I am busy so I do not require daily communication. I like every other day, or three-four times a week. What the f*** can we talk about every f***ing day? Seriously, I like you and all but I don't need to hear from you every single day. If it's a more serious romantic relationship, I would say five-six days. I need at least one day where I don't have to think up something sexy to say to my SO. Give me time to get creative, I need to be mysterious and I need my space as an introverted person.

• if you're not dating, but just seeing them or interested in them, it'd be nice to give that special girl a text a couple times a week. A call, once you know her well is great! girls love spontaneous things, and a random phonecall lets her know that you really like her, and were thinking about her.

• I have never randomly called a girl. Mostly because I worry over what I will say because I get kinda nervous (especially the first call!) and usually I only call with a reason to set up a date or to go hangout.

Texting then is just a playful/random interlude between hanging out again in person or calling her. A couple times of week seems about right though in my book.

• I like to see my boyfriend as much as possible, but I've seen him practically everyday this week so I know he needs space and friend time. I would like for him to text me at least once a day to see how I'm doing, but he's 8 years older than me so he might not think that way. I wouldn't mind a phone call, but he doesn't really do that. He receives calls, but doesn't make them.

• Personally, I love talking to my boyfriend everyday but he's usually busy so there are days when we don't talk.

• If I see this person daily (school, work, etc) probably every few days... not daily. I prefer to text more and talk in real life. I don't like to talk to the phone. I prefer in person :)

• I don't really like talking on the phone either. In person is always best! Sometimes it's tough when your schedule's don't line up though.

• honestly, I like daily communication if I like them! call it teenager hormones, but if I really lke I guy, I do get a little disappointed if he didn't text that day, or say bye, etc.

• Depends on the relationship really. And How good the communicative skills are. If you hold decent conversations, don't be scared to text us daily. But if you feel like you can never hold a conversation, try it out once or so, and see how it goes. If it's a guy I'M interested in, I could talk to him alll day long if need be :)

• Haha. Good to know. Fairly certain I can hold conversation. Sometimes it's just hard to judge how much to text vs call. Some girls and guys, prefer one or other more. Personally I believe in a mixture of both.

• A mixture of both is good. Change things up a bit

• i like to hear from my guy daily... random cute text messages are always fun and make you smile :)

• I like to hear from him every day. But definitely not every hour...

• Yes I agree. Hourly is very needy and a bit excessive. I just included it for kicks. :)

What Guys Said 1

• i usually try to say hey to a girl I'm interested in at least once a day or tell her to have a nice day and usually have text conversations a couple times a week or so