Greatest black American?

Greatest black American

• Malcolm x
  • Martin luther king
  • Tupac shakur
  • President barack obama
  • Someone else. please name in comments section

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll tell you exactly what I told my middle school history teacher. All the famous black Americans were great for very different reasons. It's hard to say who was the greatest or the biggest influence. So I'll choose myself because I want to be the best black American I can be :)

I know It sounds kinda stupid but I wrote a paper like that for a scholarship and I won first place.

What Girls Said 19

• it's interesting that you picked all males.

but I can't choose. there's too many amazing black individuals, recognized and unrecognized. from the first slave to step foot on american soil to the little black child who was born somewhere today. choosing the greatest black american would be like choosing the greatest american in general - impossible. I'm just happy those people existed, are here, and are still to come.

but if I have to vote, I'll go with my mom. she's the hardest working, kind hearted, strong-willed person I know and has instilled the greatest values in me. I respect my God, myself, my family, and the world around me because of her. I literally owe her my life. I couldn't know a greater person.

• only 5 options. and one was other.

• nice answer tho. I like that.

• yeah, I get what you're saying. it wasn't a critique, just an observation. thanks by the way :)

• WILL SMITH AKA FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR!

• Jackie Robinson, the first black baseball player in the major leagues. He may not be important to a lot of people but I would say that he not only revolutionized the sport of baseball but he also had an impact on the world around him. I mean being able to break that color barrier and prove to a very white minded crowd that he was good and that people like him were also, amazing athletes really changed a lot for America.

Jackie Robinson not only changed the way people thought of american baseball but they also changed the way they thought about the Negro Leagues and eventually his talent questioned American Culture. Not only did his baseball skills question color barriers in America, but he also, was the first MLB analyst, was the first VP of a major american corporation, started his own bank for african americans, and lead his life in a way that people could admire in a time when people feared those that were different from themselves.

• all so true. good answer.

• Morgan Freeman is pretty awesome, but MLK is the best :l

• Rosa Parks ...

• Stevie Wonder, Rosa Parkes, Louis Armstrong

• they are all good but have comparable people in their sub categories.

arguably tupac could be wiped off the main list but then he is tupac. and frankly I doubt any of the other pop artists have the weight or the politics.

malcolm x has to be there, likewise MLK. ALI is up there. and obama really has to be there.

• Martin Luther King Jr.!

• Shout out to Ted Williams and his glorious voice.

• rosa parks

• D. Wade lmao!

• B ... no doubt about it!

• Too many great African Americans to pick!

You have Obama, MLK, Rosa Parks . OMG, how the hell can you choose JUST ONE?

• Harriet Tubman!

• One more thing, about Martin Luther King Jr., besides him there were sooooooooo many black ministers that went through beatings, torture, etc that were never reported. M.L.K. jr. Just got the credit because he had something about him, and than was murdered, but just remember how many unnamed black ministers fought for what they believed in.

• Beyonce!

• Malcolm X

Louis Farrakhan

2pac is a good one too

Dr. Cornel West

• web dubois

• Oprah is pretty up there.

• your right. forgot about oprah

• ME.

• Whoa! where is the guy who said OJ? I thought it was a good answer :) jk jk

What Guys Said 34

• Yo, anon guy, I'm real happy for ya, an' I'mma let ya finish, but Kanye West is the greatest black American of ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME. *shrug*

• there might be a lot of interesting answers on this but I'd say MLK. he was one of the most important people of the 20th century imo.

• Samuel L. mother f***ing Jackson!

• Morgan freeman, I even use him as my automated voice machine when I'm not home link

• Of the choices? Malcom X, he did work for civil rights, realized when he was wrong and being racist himself, and unlike another civil rights worker on that list he never cheated on his wife. Yes, MLK Jr. did great things for his people, but he had a mistress in basically every city he visited. He was FAR from faithful. Tupac was a cool guy and stuff, but really all he did was rap. Obama is a HUGE disappointment cause he's a p**** and he is basically a Republican in disguise it seems.

And why isn't the obvious answer up there? Samuel L. Jackson!

• nonce. get off my thread. I've heard all about you. blocked.

• MLK really, but Jesse Owens a close second for shoving true supremacy up Hitler's a$$.

• Martin Luther King, Malcom X was ironically a racist too, as he changed religions only because he considered the Christian religion a white religion, he was way too radical and too angry, it seems that his movement was more against whites than against racism itself. Obama is close there, but what Martin Luther achieved at the times was indisputable, plus he is recognized as written the best speech in US history.

• he was a reactionary racist. I disagree with the assertion he was somehow too angry. black children were being murdered in church. if you read his book, he was quite candid and honest really. he had a lot of integrity and was one of the few people not found out by history to be two faced and dishonest.

• awww man my weed dealers name is not on your list...

• Charlie Sheen, he hasn't announce that he's black yet, but I know it's coming, also he is Jesus or bigger than the fore mentioned

• I select George Washington Carver...anyone who can come up with over 100 uses for peanuts is a great great man

• Tuskegee airmen.

Don't know about them? Watch the movie.

• PS.

Though I have to give a shout out to Samuel L Jackson. Sure, he's "just an actor" but damn if he isn't cool incarnate.

• hahaha he certainly has his moments :P

• Bill Russell went through the worst and won 11 championships

• Malcolm X

link

• yeh I liked that no one owned him. the noi thought they did but they mistook his loyalty for slavery.

bad mistake with someone like him.

if they hadn't made that mistake and had lived by their principals, the noi could have been great.

but to be honest the demonology was bullsh*t and someone as wise as malcolm x would always have worked that out eventually.

• I would say MLK.

• BB KING!

• MLK was a true speaker of peace and equality -- No one was as direct and influential. If only he stayed longer...

• malcolm x was a bit more direct lol.

• dude pacifism is violent because 1 it expects others to die for its existance and 2 its ensure violence will occur.

self defence checks violence. conflict is checked. and returned.

honestly its wrong to call self defence violence. violence is the aggressors sin. self defence is basically preserving peace not attacking it.

• violence is the aggressor... so pacifist aren't violent.. ha ha you proved my point

• Dr. Hibbert link

• jackie robinson. without him, baseball wouldn't be as entertaining

• Frederick Douglass!

• Morgan Freeman.

• MLK, probably, but I'd also like to add Frederick Douglass to the list.

• Dwayne Johnson if you count him black, I know he's partial.

• Flava Flav.

• Barack (Mubarak) Hussein (Saddam) Obama (Osama).

• Get your ass out of here like are you serious right know . We are all trying to have respect for and honor all those stong,bravea nd intelligent black people who really contributed, helped and, made beautiful changes in our world. And that includes BARACK OBAMA who rather you realize has helped us by raising taxes on the rich and lowering it on the poor also by going to Detriot and helping those in proverty. So shut your ass up right now you are so ignorant and disrespectful

• euro elite buddy

euro elite

it ain't gonna happen

they ain't got the level of competition or the big names.

-8 is kinda special.

i doubt any of these fukkers could get past -4 without using the and word lol

• Where did all this euro elite stuff come from anyways? :P

• THE OLD SPICE GUY. silverfish hand toss!

• Tupac and MLK

• Candyman XD

• Tossup between Scatman Crothers and "Carlton"

• This.

link

• The Shaft?

• More from Guys
    4