Am I a hypocrite that I am fat but I don't want to date a fat man?

I always get upset when I see men on dating sites say they only want a fit woman when they really don't mean fit and healthy they mean thin but then the other day someone asked me out and he is overweight and I don't want to go out with him. Does that make me a hypocrite since I'm overweight also?

• YES
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends what your definition of overweight is, some girls think they're overweight at 110lbs... I know that you can't help what you're attracted to, but to an extent perhaps it's unrealistic. Personally I have no problem dating someone abit larger than myself, of course I have a cut off point.

What Guys Said 6

• I voted yes becouse technicaly you are.. if you like fit men then you should make an effort to be fit yourself..

Im not saying your wrong for being attracted to fit men but as the saying goes "dont throw stones in glass houses"

• No, you're not really a hypocrite, you can't help what you're attracted to. The fact is, if you lose weight and are fit or thin or whatever, you'll have much better chances with fit/thin guys.

• You're right, you can't help what you're attracted to but with that being said, she's a hypocrite because she won't DATE a guy she's not attracted to, due to his weight, when she admitted SHE is overweight. THAT is hypocritical.

• No, because you can't really help what it is that you're attracted to. You should however be understanding about men not being attracted to you because of that.

• No because I'm thin and even though I like normal size girls. I wouldn't turn down a fat one. More cushin for the pushin lol

• Yes you're a hypocrite, but oh well. Everyone is these days it seems.

• I don't think you are hypocritical, people can be attracted to whoever they fancy. My girlfriend was the same, she date fit men only (I'm a fitness charity model).

What Girls Said 2

• I think a lot of attraction is hypocritical, so that's not really the issue. You're designed to be more attracted to fit people. We all are. The issue though, is if you want someone who is fit, you can't really get upset that men want the same thing. You're allowed to desire whoever you like, but if you want to find love you'll have to compromise somewhere. Either change your views and date people who aren't as physically attractive to you, or change your body and date who you are attracted to. It's a 2 way street, and if you wouldn't want to date an overweight man, you can't really expect an shape man to want to date you.

• Well...yes and no. yes because you are turning down what you witness guys turn down, and no because you're probably not even attracted to him; you can't help attraction.