First date cancelled by him..... What do you think?

OK. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Brief history- I work with this man, he is 20 years older than me and has made it very clear he's interested for quite a while. He's what you could call a charmer and a bit of a ladies man.

Just before Christmas he asked if I was going to the works Christmas party I was, so he suggested we met up before as we were going alone. I agreed and he gave me his number.

I did tell him I wasn't 100% certain that I would be able to make the party- it seemed fairly innocent and didn't feel like a date situation.

However, due to work I couldn't make the party. I text him the week before and told him, he was fine but since then tells everyone how I stood him up ( in a jokey way)

Fastforward to now- we arranged to go for a drink tonight. Def a date and I was really looking forward to it.

I text him last night to make sure it was still on and to find out what time. He said ' yes, about 8 ish. I'll text you tomorrow'

so my text today was- I've had to pick my son up from school, he's hurt his foot and is being sick so off to hospital, so I won't be able to make it tonight. I'll take you out for dinner next week to make up for it'

OK. I sound really cold hearted, but something just doesn't sit right. Of course if it's true I'd totally understand but my gut is screaming that it seems a little odd.

I replied ' poor thing. I hope he's OK and it's nothing too serious"

so... Am I being crazy or does this sound genuine to you?

I have a feeling that he's just changed his mind.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• He wouldn't have suggested another date if he wasn't interested. I think he was either telling the truth (that seems like a weird excuse to just make up) or he's getting you back for standing him up the first time. Level the playing field. It's childish, but could explain why he's single at his age lol