Do girls mind if a guy is shorter than them?

I am a pretty average height guy but I often seem to like girls who are taller than me? Does it really bother girls that much if a guy is shorter? If so Why? To me it doesn't matter if you like each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'9" but I've got a serious thing for high heels so usually when I meet guys I'm between 6' and 6' 2. If a guy has confidence, personality and there's an attraction I really don't care about their height. I had an ex who was 5'6", we never had a height issue and he was the best boyfriend I've ever had. Plus I've met more "nice" guys who happened to be shorter than or the same height as me than "nice" guys who were taller.

• shes-tall-too!

• your awesome I am 5'6 too. 5'9 you seem like my type ;) lol

• @QA: Thanks. Feel free to friend me.

@RedThread78:Maybe they couldn't read? Or maybe they're against height differences lol who knows...

What Girls Said 8

• I do prefer someone who is taller, but that's usually not a prob...because I'm only 5'0...sooo if he is shorter than me..he's probably a midget. But I don't think height should be a deal breaker..like you said aslong as you like each other, that's all that matters. =)

• Yeah I can see if you're a short girl to begin with but com'on like tall girls? lol

• i think that hight doesn't really matter, though most of the guys I like or date are taller than me simply because I am short. if you really like a girl, hight won't really make a difference. all girls are different though. if a girl turns you down because you are too short for her, there is a good chance she is quite shallow and not worth your time anyway

• I am pretty tall, 5'9 (and still growing tons) and I am a huge cuddler. I don't care much about height if the guy is over 5'4. If they are more compact then that, well, the cuddles just don't work. I don't care about a dude's height for the most part though ^_^ I also love wearing the high heels, so when I get all dressed up I average in around 6-6'1 :P

• When it comes to preferences in men, I'll admit I am "shallow" about certain things but don't-care or flexible about others. Height is one of my shallow preferences and I do want men to be taller than me because it makes me feel feminine and dainty. It's a subconscious protection feeling, medieval I'll confess, but that's what I like. Though because I'm only 4'10", I've plenty of men to choose from that met that criteria.

That said, most of the girls in the neighborhood I grew up, whom were short, had slept with the most percentage of men. It also tends to be that men are less intimidated by short girls, so more inclinded to approach them.

• well yeah I can understand 4'11 but like if your a 5'11 girl that really limits your guy options lol

• Next time, ask the question if the guy is 4'11", yet an ex-marine, black belt, etc. Are tall girls still going to feel safe around him? Or are the girls going to feel embarrassed that their friends are going to laugh at them? Women are sometimes more obsessed with what others think of them rather than what they think of themselves.

• It's a preference. Guys I dated are all taller than me. It makes me feel like he is my protector. Also I like to wear heels . I don't want to tower over him. Girls I know feel the same too. Shorter doesn't exclude him. Just means I would DEF need to get used to it if I ever do.

• Thats like so lame tho seriously. What your saying is girls are weaker and need protection, which is like so old school because like girls are suppose to be equal to men.

• Well there's two ways of looking at it, you can be with a short guy who's an ex-navy seal, black belt in karate, etc, and chances are you're going to feel safe even if he stands shorter than you. It's the perception of it that makes us shallow. That's what the Questioner is trying to spill out of you, whether you're being shallow or practical.

• I understand that now good point. He asked for my OPINION.. and I even stated at the end that I wouldn't overlook a short guy I would just need time to get used to it. Instead of stating that in a mature way he got defensive about it. That annoys the hell out of me.

• Then I guess it doesn't matter if a chick is fat or ugly.

• i'm tall, and a lot of guys are shorter than me, so I don't care about dating a shorter guy.

• yay! ha ha Finally a tall girl responds lol.

• how much shorter? an inch is fine, more than that, no

What Guys Said 3

• they won't admit it sometimes, but it is always better to be taller than the woman. shows dominance and the ability to protect which all woman love

• i have no problem being the same height. taler would be a bit weird but only because I'm not used to it.

• plus it ruins a guys sense of dominance and confidence if they are shorter

• Guys only feel that way if they lack confidence and ability. There are plenty of tall guys who turn into pussies when it comes time to "protect and show dominance". Mai ex could protect me just fine and never had any problems showing he was the dominant one in the relationship. He was 5'6" and I'm 5"9" with a weakness for high heels.

• questions like this are sad because men want a woman's perspective but then bash them for not seeing things from their point of view... sounds like a napoleon complex to me.

All the men that down voted the women have preferences to! Like when it comes to height breast size and the like. Why is it so "wrong" then when a woman has a height preference? Damn guys grow up, drop the insecuries, and get some confidence because that will lead you to get women regardless of height!

• yes it's up there with money and status