Why does he flirt with me in person, but when I message him, he doesn't reply?

We flirt a lot whenever we see each other, but the thing is, we don't get to see each other a lot. So, I messaged him once on facebook to try to start up a conversation, but he never replied. Then, several weeks later, I saw him online and I instant messaged him. He then went idle. What's up?

What you all are saying makes sense. I was just curious. Thanks for your input! =]

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with PredictablePen about the whole facebook thing. People get out of hand with facebook. I don't check mine everyday, and sometimes I have people asking did I get their message, etc etc...not everyone gets on regularly. As far as the Instant Message, whos to say he went idle on purpose..ya know, some guys just aren't those type of communicators. The only thing you can do is the next time you are in person, tell him you wrote him on facebook/IMed him. Maybe get his number? He may just not be interested, but I think he has some interest since he flirts in person, could just be innocent flirting..hard to say. G'luck!

What Guys Said 1

• the thing that is up is its facebook you are talking about. one thing I see so often on this site is people talking about facebook, and it really is nothing. its a dumb website that people overthink too often about. more than anything, you need to talk to him in person, not over facebook. think of it like texting versus conversation. things can be "pronounced" wrong in text, while talking in conversation, the real emotion really comes out

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with what everyone has put here. Facebook is not really a good website to communicate when it comes to this sort of thing. (He could be talking to other girls simultaneously). When I want to really talk, I shoot a text, or even call. Why don't you grab his number?

And don't stress too much if it doesn't go anywhere. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. :)

Good luck! ^_^

• A lot of guys(age doesn't matter) aren't great at communicating. But it just sounds like he may not be interested or have you on the back burner. He's not worth your time in my opinion but if it's settled and you really do dig him/gotta have him ;) give him the cold shouldersee if that works. Or just go ballsy and ask him out

• sorry, I don't have a good answer to your q. just wanted to mention tht your sc name kicks ass. yeah.