First love?

I'm not sure how many people could answer this here, but I'm curious how many people ended up marrying or with their first real love? I don't mean want to marry, but are engaged to seriously get married/elope/whatever.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think "first loves" are just that, first loves! Rarely does it end up in marriage! My own experience is this, I was crazy about my first love when I was in high school, he was much older than me at the time, so things didn't work out! He ended up marrying one of my best friends. Our lives took a different path and I ended up with someone else also. Years went by, and we both got divorced. We tried dating as adults , things just didn't work out. We are different than when we are teenagers! So.things change and so do people, what you want when your young is very different as an adult.

On the other hand, my sister ended up with her first love. So, anything is possible!

What Guys Said 1

• I only know of one couple out of the hundreds I knew in high school who eventually married. Even that was after a few break-ups and then getting back together. They've been married for almost 25 years now and have 3 kids. They're marriage was rocky on a number of occasions but they always pulled through it.

What Girls Said 1

• I know of one that got married (knew each other 9 years), one that is engaged (8 years), and one that is going to be proposed to soon (6 years), and all of them met in high school, and were each other's first "real" loves.