Am I sending the wrong message?

Am I sending the wrong message? Most of my guy friends have tried to kiss me although they clearly know I have a boyfriend. I don't try to flirt, I don't try to put myself in a position where they might get the impression that I like them. I'm definitely no supermodel with amazing looks that can't be resisted. I don't understand.

I read somewhere that looking a guy directly in the eyes might give off a flirty message, but I can't hold a conversation with someone if I'm not looking into their eyes. Is this giving a bad signal?

I don't know. I'm so confused...I tell my boyfriend most of the times that this happens and it really irks him. I'm trying to stay away from most guys now to prevent it. Any advice?

What Guys Said 1

• Guys will like you regardless of whether or not you have a boyfriend. Guys like competition, so they will still try to kiss you. Just be honest with the boyfriend and don't cheat!

What Girls Said 1

• I have a similar problem. Not kissing but my male friends ask me out occasionally. Apparently I don't talk about my boyfriend enough to make it clear I'm off limits. I asked about what I can do to change that. The options the guys gave me were talk about my boyfriend all the time (I'd rather talk about my opinion on interesting topics that come up in conversation than "Oh my boyfriend feels this way about that.") or get an engagement ring. For a moment I contemplated getting a fake ring but then I'd be lying to my friends. Ultimately I discovered there is no solution, I just complain to my boyfriend when it happens to let him know what is going on but 90% of my friends are male and I'm not willing to give them up. I'm currently in the process of figuring out the least cruel way to reject a guy, because rejecting good guys sucks. And I only hangout with good guys.

• I understand that...about not wanting to mention your boyfriend in every conversation. I hate bringing him up if the conversation doesn't call for it. I don't want to be one of those girls whose only topic is her relationship. And I mostly hang out with guys too, I don't know how to befriend girls. I don't want to end up being one of those girls whose only friend is her boyfriend.

• In regards to not being the girl who's only friend is her boyfriend. It pretty much comes down to whether your boyfriend trusts you. If he knows you will stay faithful to him when approached by other guys he should have no problem with you hangingout with them.