Joining a Dating Site?

So, I have exhausted all of my resources in the real life dating pool. I just haven't found anyone I more than like.

I've been thinking about joining an online dating site but I am SO nervous that someone I know will see my profile(co-worker, peer, family member, etc.)

I am extremely shy about this kind of stuff and if that were to happen I don't think I would ever stop being embarrassed.

Has anyone else had this fear? Any tip?

Most Helpful Guy

• hahaha, I know exactly what you mean...well you can try havin a different name (say its your nickname) and put in a picture of you with few friends so that if anyone finds you they are not sure if you made the profile lol...make sure they are distant friends people don't know...but otherwise you can have no profile picture of yourself and some other name but you have to spark conversations and take the chat to MSN or something...thats what I think

What Guys Said 2

• my tip? I'd totally be like and so what exactly were YOU doing on the dateing site? lol

• i know how you feel, I have been trying all kinds of dating sites because I can't find anybody anywhere else.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't feel shy. Because after all, if they find themselves on that site browsing around, they're there for the same reasons you are.. therefore they have no room to ridicule.

• Why do you care if someone you know see your profile? I think dating web site is not for desperate or ugly people. A lot of people use it to find friends and partners. If you want no one to see your profile go on ehArmony or match.com and the people won't see you because you have to pay to use their website. I'm on POF.