Are older men likely to dominate you?

I'm 18 and in a relationship with a 26 year old man. I know it's hard without knowing him personally, but in general, is it likely that regarding our ages he would dominate or be over controlling in the relationship? or even take advantage of me being younger?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It could happen. Generally they have a way of giving you advice or having opinions that naturally influence you. He might or might not be consciously controlling, but it's hard to date an older person without taking on a lot of their influence. That could be a good thing, though. It all depends on the person.

• no, I met my man when I was 25, he was 43. Although experienced he was not controlling, but then, I suppose we can't generalise. I think he'd be more patient and accepting of you than a "younger" man.

But, you ARE talking about a young man here, he's only 26 not 46 there's a huge difference in men after they're mid-30's if not by their 40's.

i'd be very surprised if this is the case with a 26 year old, he's basically still only19!