Girl in my class and I chat well, she gives me number and doesn't call back?

Okay, the title is a bit vague so here are the details:

I am a freshman at a community college and am new to dating (only one serious girlfriend before this point) and have a history class with this girl that I started to like. She was very quiet, like I was, and didn't talk to anyone in the class. I didn't feel like approaching her because she wouldn't talk to anyone else, so I figured that she did not want to be bothered.

However after a little while, she approached me and started to chat with me before class, which was strange because she would never really talk to anyone in the class. Our conversation went very well. She seemed interested at the moment with stereotypical "girl likes you body language" (movements I tend not to rely on to tell if she does) like twirling her hair, smiling, staring, etc. After the teacher came in we ceased our conversation.

The next week we would not talk too too much, however, I would keep catching her staring at me from across the room and quickly look away when I turn towards her.

This past week we had a test in our class, I finished my test, and the girl finished the exact same time as me, so we started initiating conversation as we left. Some parts of the conversation were picking up on our last one that was around a week or two ago. She seemed to keep good eye contact to me, and was enjoying my company. We were talking about our jobs and such, school work (including a hectic work schedule during spring break), etc. At this time, (since it was the day before spring break) I thought it would be an appropriate time to ask for her number, in which I did. She gave me her number, and instantly asked me to call her number right there to see if it worked. The phone number worked, and I added her in my contacts and vice versa. I told her I would call her on the weekend to see if she was up to do anything during spring break. (This was a Friday)

That Sunday I decided to call her. There was no answer. Of course, she told me that she was going to have a busy work week, so I kind of expected she wouldn't be able to answer, at least at first. A day past and I had not had a call back yet. I have been thinking about calling again perhaps today or tomorrow, but, if it turns out she was not interested and I was getting fake signals, I do not want to push anything on her. However, if it truly is work, maybe I should call again just once and see what happens. Then again, it is only a day, maybe I am jumping to conclusions a bit too fast

Any comments or suggestions or ideas on what she may be thinking? I am new to dating, so yes, I am somewhat clueless on this and am not sure where to take my next step.

Most Helpful Guy

• doooood! you got her num! First off, well done! she is interested. she happily gave you her number and even made sure it worked! so don't be worried about her not calling back. people forget to call back ALLLL the time. gdarnit, I forget to call people back every once in awhile too. it doesn't mean that I don't like them, it just means I've been playing to much xbox.

I would definitely send her a text to see if she's free to do something or whatever, but don't bring up the subject of her not calling back.

I also go to a community college. transferring out in the fall. thank God haha

Best of luck!

What Girls Said 4

• :YOu need to confirm it first never assume because maybe in the end you will end up hurting yourself...Ive been to this situation already he just took it for granted because he knows that I do have feelings for him but its too late already...so GOODluck and Takecare :)

• She deff likes you or so. you just need to think that maybe she was actually up 2 something . be positive !

• She already gave her number to you right? That's a good sign. Don't just give up yet. Just because she doesn't call you back doesn't mean she doesn't like you. Maybe she was really busy enough not to call you back. Give her time. Good luck!

• I think that she was where she could not get to her phone and perhaps she has been so busy that she has not called you back. In college when I give a guy my number and I like him I usually take the time ti return his call the next day but since college students are so busy I think that its easy to forget that you have to return a call. Or get this: She probably lost all her contacts in her phone, that happened to my friend before and he could not contact me until 2 days later. I had the same problem with men. But I learned that hey if they don't call me back its really their loss. There are too many people in this world to worry about just one answer mine? link

What Guys Said 5

• Ya sounds like she is interested but busy. Wait at least a day before texting or calling her. If you feel you are calling her again too soon wait a day and send a text just saying hi or asking what's new.

If she is busy a text is a lot easier to reply to so you should have better luck. If she replies you can text her for a little bit then call her the next day to set up a date or something.

I know it can be nerve wracking waiting to hear back from a girl you like but your best bet in that situation is to talk to/meet other girls in the meantime so if things don't work out with this one you've already got someone else you can mod on to.

Best of luck

• Leave a voicemail. Then you know she at least got one of the two (mised call notification or new voicemail notification) Then forget about it. If she chooses not to call you back then you have your answer. Don't keep bugging her and don't get too hung up on it. Life is short. You can waste a lot of it on other people. Or you can make your fair effort and move on and find somebody else that catches your eye just as well.

• if she doesn't call u, then don't call her.. lol. I wouldn't call her until she calls me 1st.

of course... I wouldn't wait for her tho... if I had found another girl, I would deffinitely put her in the junk, and go out with this new girl.

thats how life works friend! you can't waste your time with a person who doesn't even isn't interested on you, and if she is, she doesn't even say it. ure not a god to find out that. if she doesn't show it, then go on!

• She might have been really shy to talk over the phone, and is more of a texter?

• Just be patient