What do you think of this response to hanging out?

there is this girl in one of my classes that I have been talking to every day for a while we have pretty good chemestry but she can be tough to read a lot of the time and I have wanted to ask her to hang out for a while. during passing period today, I asked her if she wanted to hang out at my house Saturday and she said "ummm maybe"

so do you think this is a "let me see if it's OK with my plans and parents" or a way of letting me off easy? she said she'll tell me tomorrow so I don't know just wondering until tomorrow haha. any help is welcome. oh and how was your week so far?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, so I'm really late on this, but just in case this happens again, I'll go ahead and answer! I think she wasn't that interested. One time, a guy who I knew liked me asked me to hang out and I didn't like him like that back. It was only to the movies and dinner, but I really didn't want to lead him on and hurt him so I told him 'maybe' and then we never talked about it again. I know it must have stung, but it was for the best because I just really didn't want to mess with him. It wouldn't have been fair and he was a good guy, just not my type :(

What Girls Said 1

• maybe she thinks you're trying to get her at your house to try and have sex with her. If you get the opportunity again, try revising it to somewhere public where she doesn't have to worry about ulterior motives..aside from just hanging out.

What Guys Said 1

• 9/10 times that's a rejection...sorry =/ My guess is she will probably wait for you to bring it up tomorrow so plan accordingly. If she does, I would bring it up by switching it to somewhere else, and maybe even the day so she can't use whatever excuse she might have been planning to use haha. Inviting her over to your house might give her the wrong idea.