How to ask a shy guy to hang out with a girl?

There is this guy at school that I like but the only thing that I can't tell if he like me or not he is a shy guy and he satires at me a lot and smile at me a lot at the school party he was standing by himself so I went over there to ask him why he wasn't dancing he said he didn't know and then I ask him if he knew how to dance and he said yes then I took him by the hand and he went with it and dance with me but I don't know if he went because he didn't want to disappointed me or something but I want to know what to do because I am the one that away started the conversation and I want to ask him to hang out with me but how

Most Helpful Guy

• I think a shy guy who wasn't dancing would hesitate to dance with a girl he wasn't interested in. Since he went along and danced with you without any objections, that's a good sign.

What you should do now is whenever you see him, go up to him and be like, "Hey X, how are you doing?"

Except...it matters how you say that. See, since he's a shy guy, his natural inclination would probably be to say something like, "Fine I guess" and then there's nothing more to say. So what you want to do to discourage that is when you greet him, speak slowly and pause long enough that he looks at you. And when he does look at you, make sure to smile.

You may need to try this several times in different settings, but eventually he'll start talking to you about something and it'll lead to a conversation. Once he's acting less shy with you, that's the best time to ask him to hang out. But for now, just try to casually talk to him a lot.

What Guys Said 4

• just do it, if you really like him then take some initiative and go after him, shy guys won't make the first move unless they are 99% sure that a girl will say yes, or like him back. SO, you are going to have to convince him of that, he is probably around 60% right now, so get to work, lol :)

-Humble Christian Guy 20

• im a shy guy I guess I don't usually strike up conversations I let people talk to me.. I don't know if he's really shy you could hang out with him at lunch or something and then find a common interest and ask him if he's planning on seeing a movie or something.. or something relevant to going to your house or where ever you hang out lol.

• just say come and see this girl I no

• Just be yourself and ask him.

What Girls Said 0