How long did it take you to get over your ex?

I broke up with my ex 3 months ago, and I somehow think about him everyday, I'm not hurting anymore I just think about him (we went out for 3 years but he cheated on me) so how long did you go out with your ex and how long did it take you to forget him/her completely ?

Wow so it seams I got a long way to go :(

Most Helpful Girl

• went out with him for 6 months and its been 6 months now... I don't know if I'm over him yet. I don't think I love him anymore but I can't stop thinking about the past or him either. initally after the breakup, I couldn't focus on school work and whenever I was alone in my room, I'd break down and cry. bars were the only option to keep my mind away from things. he was a d*** to me though and I guess that's how I eventually stopped feeling anything for him. I've dated a couple of guys during this time and I have to say, its not the same...

What Guys Said 2

• I've only let one girl get to me.

We dated for a year, give or take a couple of months.

For the first three months after we split up, I drank a lot and got in fights. I just didn't care enough to behave appropriately.

Then I went on a stupid rebound phase.

Then I drank some more.

Then I just immersed myself in schoolwork.

That's where I am now.

• Sounds kinda Like me, I've been getting drunk every weekend since we broke up

• been with her for a year and a half, and she cheated on me twice - first time she broke up because of another guy, second time lost interest and another guy. we've been broken up for 9 months and I still haven't forgotten her...still love her...trying my best to forget, its hard. what did you do to forget?

• Well I started off by going to the bar/club every weekend fri,sat,and Sunday. For some reason I can't concentrate on school all I want to do is go party, it kinda helps meeting new people , I guess you'll start forgetting when you start liking someone

What Girls Said 3

• my ex fiance of 3.5 years broke up 3 weeks before we were married because his mom was on verge of dying and he has the family businesses to manage and he wanted to wait till she returns and doesn't want me to wait too. its been almost a year and I'm still not over him.

• it takes me a really long time depending on how I felt about him

• ...welll

the first guy I ever dated, I was over him in about a month. we went out for ten months or so

the second guy. I honestly think I'm still pining for him. we went out for about a year

the third guy... almost immediately. but probably because I know in my heart I'm still in love with the second guy. and... yea. we went out for about a year and a half.