Girl I use to date wants a second go? Please help

I'll keep this brief. Last year I dated this girl and I have never had a connection before with someone like I did with her. We just clicked so well. However, I failed to see a major red flag with a lingering ex still in the picture and well.. you know how that goes sometimes. I just got led on like a lost puppy.

Anyways, we've been out of contact for sometime and I have done everything I could to try and forget about her, but I just couldn't. About a month ago she broke up with her ex again and she gave me a few subtle hints online, but I didn't bite. Well anyways she sent me a message the other day online and wanted to check up on me, see how I was doing. She then said how she wants to apologize for last year and wants to explain herself. Now, I am still head over heels for this girl, but I've never been so hurt before when she just left me hanging like she did.

What could her intentions be for sending this message? Friends? Maybe try again? I don't know if I can just be friends with this girl and I know that she knows what we had was special. I also don't want to be a push over and give her a free pass back into my life, but I certainly do believe in second chances. I told her to give me a call sometime and we could catch up/talk.

Any insight? How would you handle a scenario like this?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• I'm in a similar situation minus the ex boyfriend. I think she wants to rebuild that friendship now if she's dropping hints I think she may want you back in that way. I would suggest letting her explain herself and see if she'll tell you how she feels. She may have left you hanging because she was likely not over her ex. It might be a case that she's done with him now and is pursuing you. Bottom line, give her that second chance but be a challenge and tell her how you feel.

• Thanks, exactly what I plan on doing. Everyone deserves a second chance.