Should I forget about him, still try to get him to accept having contact, or just give up? Help!

I have been talking to this guy online for a few months and we get along really well. Over time, I became more attracted to him and he told me he was feeling the same thing.We never defined what we were (maybe an online fling?) He's in grad school and so am I. The last time we talked, he told me that his life was hectic right now, that he had at stake right now because he had to be careful about his average otherwise he would get kicked out of grad school, and that he thought he couldn't go on like this with me because of the time I was on his mind during the week and how he was always thinking what I would say to him via email. He then proceeded to tell me that he thought it was best for us to cut off any contact and that would be the last time we talked. He said it was for his good and for my good because he felt himself getting more emotionally attached to me and that he didn't want to end up hurt. Also because he didn't think he could continue feeling this way, talking to me, and doing well in school. He said that because we're far apart things are complicated and he wanted to end it before he got heavily attached and made things even worse. Now, that really really hurt. Since we started talking, he was not only my friend but also someone I could envision dating in the future. I told him most likely we would meet, but he just continued saying that although I thought so, it was just a far off fantasy for him. I tried to convince him to talk to me over the summer, but he sill said no because the same thing would happen over again. He just pushed me out of life, forever. No more contact, except for one last time over the summer. My heart broke and I was, and still am, upset over this. I lost a friend, and the only guy that I have ever felt so comfortable with just talking and being myself. So what to do now? Forget and move on, try to convince him to maintain contact, or just give up on the whole issue? I would appreciate your input.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• All my sympathies! I know exactly what you are going through.

I met someone through GAG . We live in opposite sides of the world.

He is perfect! I love him dearly and I think he feels this way towards me to.

This is the most painful relationship you will ever be able to be in.

Being so far apart is excruciating painful.

Knowing what I know now, I'd suggest you cut it off.

LDR's are very, very difficult, no matter how much you love each other.

If you see yourself making plans to move to him and take away the distance, then go ahead!

But if noy then cut your losses and move on.