Should I ask him out?

I feel like a dork asking this at my age, but here goes.

There's a guy I fancy, and I'm sure he fancies me too. We've known each other for a several months now, but we only see each other in a very public setting, so no privacy.

With other people, he is very outgoing and friendly, but tends to be quiet and reserved around me. At first, I thought he just wasn't interested, but now I think he might just be really shy with me.

He often looks at the ground when we talk, or when we lock eyes, he looks away. But he will go out of his way to talk to me, even when he is really busy. I've tried touching his arm, and acting a bit flirtatious, but nothing's come of it so far. Or at least, it's moving at a snail's pace.

I know he's available. He's almost two years out of a nasty divorce, a little more for me, and we are both in our mid-30's. I don't think he's looking for a fling, nor am I.

I have tickets to a concert I know he'd like; should I ask him to go?

Thanks guys! I will try to get up the nerve to ask him this week!
I have an update, but it's not good. :-(

Here is the link:

link

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, never feel like a dork for asking questions at any age. It's human nature to ask.

Maybe the reason that he is quiet and reserved is that he is nervous around you and still hesitant to be himself. That kind of stuff happens with guys because we try so hard to impress a girl and are afraid that if we say or do something stupid that we will lose our chances. You should definitely ask him to go. It will let him know that you are thinking of him and that you care about him. That concert will maybe be what you two need to really get things moving along in this relationship.

I hope everything works out for you and if you need anything else, just ask.

• What a sweet answer! Thank you - I hope you are right. I guess I thought I'd have this figured out by this time, but apparently not. Or not when it comes to myself anyway.

• No problem. Just follow your heart, it won't lead you astray. Good luck, and like I said, if you need anything, just ask.

What Guys Said 2

• The way you described him tells me that he wants to impress you. For some odd reason, guys have tendency to be shy around girls that they like. It's a normal behavior.

So, don't hesitate. You should ask him to go. and see for yourself how glad he is accompanied by you. Good luck to both of you!

• Yes otherwise you will never know.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes ask him to come with you and see where it develops from there.

• Wow despite the age difference I am in the same exacted situation! but YOU have nothing to loose, SO GO FOR IT.

• yes, and as you have concert tickets makes it a little easier IMO