What's the difference between dating someone and being in a relationship with someone?

Hey guys! What's the difference between dating someone and being in a relationship with someone?

Pls help! Anyone !

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, there's no difference. However, a relationship might sound like a more serious or intimate thing than just dating someone. Like a kind of proper relationship that usually lasts more than half a year. It may probably be somewhere in between dating someone and being engaged to someone, but that's not a clear distinction. These words are synonymous I would say.

What Guys Said 1

• For me, it's a conversation where we agree that we are in a committed exclusive relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• Dating someone means going on dates but a relationship puts a title on it. When you're in a relationship you have a boyfriend or girlfriend and have generally been dating that person, but now it's more exclusive. That's how I see it, anyway.

• I think dating is a little bit more casual than in a relationship. It's like the first stage after several dinners and movies. In a relationship, I think, is the next stage. Usually when you already passed that "honeymoon" stage aka the first few months or maybe few years (personal experience)