I've never done drugs--ever. Will this count against me?

I recently went out on a date with a girl and it went rather well, but at one point I mentioned I'd never tried drugs (ever), and she seemed kind of surprised (once-upon-a-time she was kind of a party girl, although she's not anymore).

So for all the recreational drug-using ladies (or former recreational drug-using ladies): would my never having done drugs be an issue with you dating me? Would you consider me to be wet behind the ears, naive, or look down on me?

By the way, I'm not anti-drugs; I just never had the opportunity to try them as I never really had friends that did that. I kind of feel like a) I missed out on some fun experiences, and b) it's one less experience I have in common with this girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm it could go either way. First of all, I want to make it clear that any woman who is unimpressed by a man never trying hard drugs is not classy, and doesn't deserve your time anyway. In terms of the green - she likely wouldn't care if she's not into it anymore, but if she is, it could get tricky. I only say this because when you're in a new relationship you tend to adopt the habits of the other, good and bad. No one wants to "introduce" another individual to their first drug experience when one is already seasoned, it definitely puts her in an awkward position. If you were already interested in trying it yourself, do it on your own time and only do it with her when you feel really comfortable with it. That being said, if she really likes you, she won't care whether you ever want to try it or not, just as long as you're not preachy about it :)

What Girls Said 4

• You've disappointed me...

I was so happy to tell you that would count as Bonus Points to me, but then you've explained that you never done because you didn't have THE OPPORTUNITY?

Should be Bonus Points if you just never wanted or felt like "trying something that changes your personality" it shows that you are okay with "yourself", but just not having the opportunity and feeling like you've "missed out some fun experiences" just make me want to tell you that you could ask her to do it together sometime, so you won't feel like having one less thing in common with her.

By the way I'm not anti drugs either, I just appreciate people that have strong opinion about what they want to do, and what their friends tell them to do

• If she used to be a party girl, she may have just been surprised that you never had the opportunity to try drugs like she did. Drugs are usually does in a social setting, which sometimes means there is peer pressure. She may just want to know how you seemed to have avoided the trap.

• you are who you are. don't let those worthless people change you just for the heck of it.

• She might feel like she's more experienced than you. Which could cause them to feel awkward. That's my view on it.

What Guys Said 1

• As long as you're not anti-drugs, she should see this as an opportunity to get you to try some, I know I would if you were a girl I were dating haha.

Only girls seem to have a problem with drug users. I don't know why as long as you're smart about it (and you can be so stfu and don't even start) it shouldn't even be an issue.

Legal issue? I frequently download music and movies and you do to so don't choose to obey some laws above others. Hypocrites.