If a girl tells you she likes you, do you have to automatically like her?

So one of my best guy friends today told me that this girl he works with said she was interested in him. He's never thought about dating or liking her, but the minute she said that he asked her out. It's like, just because they like you and you know they'll say yes means you have to ask them out? Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• it makes you think of them differentlly especially if she is attractive. I know a lot of attractive girls but won't say or do anything because they consider me a friend. if he is considering her offer to go out he was attracted to her in some mannor just not enough to act on it or too scared to lose a friend.

What Guys Said 7

• Eeeeh. . . No. Doesn't work like that. If you don't find her attractive before she asks, you won't after.

Now a work colleague is a different ballgame. You need to REALLY know the person is interested AND you have to think it'll be pretty solid or you risk losing your job by asking. That' my guess in this situation.

• More than likely he found her attractive and cool, and her mentioning that she liked him was just so convenient and straightforward that he didn't want to pass it up. It's really a pleasure when women just say what they want :P

• No, absolutely not. If I don't like a girl, her liking me wouldn't change anything. Maybe he just never thought of her in that way, and it just kind of made him think a bit.

• Nope, that's just dumb.

• depends on who she is, for example, girls will not accept every guy who tells them they like them, but if I was interested in her first and she told me she liked me, I would love her so much for that!

• it really depends if I find her attractive or we connect on some level.

• It's possible that he never thought of her in that way, but once he considered her romantically, he found that he was attracted to her. It happens.

What Girls Said 2

• it can go both ways, a guy will welcome advances from a girl just because he see's it as an easy or free opportunity to get some action, or he may actually like her. It also goes both ways including the tradition way when the guy initiates and asks the girl out, he either could be just looking for a fling, just sex only, or he may actually like her.

• what? no! date who you want not just because they like you but because you like them also