Bro's before Ho's, the unwritten law?

guys: does bro's before ho's have an influence on you? for instance if your having a dude's night out at a bar or something and a girl texts you saying she's bored, how do you respond most of the time?

girls: do you think the bond between you and your girlfriends is weaker, the same or stronger than ours? for the most part.

just fyi I meant mostly the ho's part (no offense ladies) as just dating someone or being acquainted with. if it's an actual relationship then its a little different. everyone needs their space in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think guys have a stronger friendship bond with their guy friends than girls do with their girl friends, I think it's an individual thing.

How someone responds to a situation like that and why also depends on the person.

Someone might choose their friends over the person of the opposite sex due to principle---for example, I personally find it important in a healthy relationship to remain your own person and that means not neglecting your friends and your own interests/hobbies. If my boyfriend expected me to drop what I was doing simply because he was bored, that would be unacceptable to me. This is irrelevant to how strong of a bond I have to the people I'm out with.

On the other hand, someone might choose their friends simply because they do not want their friends to view them as "whipped". Even if they wanted to leave their friends to go hang out with the person of the opposite sex, they might stay because they don't want their friends to accuse them of allowing the other person to control them. Again, this isn't necessarily reflective of the bond he/she has with her friends, but that they don't want to be teased or they don't want their friends to get angry for him/her ditching them.

Or the person might decide to ditch their friends because they're bored with what they're doing with their friends, or maybe they hang out with their friends all the time but aren't able to see the person of the opposite sex very often. Again, not necessarily reflective of the "bond" they have with their friends.

I don't think that the fact that guys have a cute little saying means that they have a stronger bond with their friends. My personal view on the matter is that expecting your boyfriend or girlfriend to drop what they're doing just because you're bored is immature and controlling. I also think that some people will do things like that because they're jealous, insecure, or mistrusting about what their partner might be doing when he or she is out with their friends. I see ditching your friends because your partner claims to be "bored" as a negative thing because it permits that kind of behaviour. Personally, I don't try to get my partner's attention/convince him to come home when he's out with his friends, nor does he do this to me. We both value spending time doing our own thing/hanging out with our own friends, and allowing the other person to do the same. It's less about my bond to anyone else, and more about my responsibility to myself and my values.

• good point. although I meant the ho's part (no offense) as in a girl a guy is just dating or acquainted with. if its an actual relationship then ya its a little different.

What Girls Said 6

• We have our own 'Sistahs before mistahs' or whatever they're calling it these days. If I got a text that they are bored, I try to engage them partially via texts but I won't leave. Its girls/boys night out, have fun but don't let your life revolve around your SO.

• sistas before mistas lol. I knew you ladies had a saying too but I couldn't remember

• in my view my special other would come brfore all else but that would depend on the situation. eg. with your eg. I won't leave because he is bored, but if is was an emergancy I would.

on the other hand if my friends and boyfriend wanted to make plans to hand out coincidently on the same day I would chose my boyfriend. not because you are with someone means your life has to revolve around theirs. lol there was this one time I ditched my friends who I was supposed to meet at this religious song charity event to meet a guy. it was the day before and I was asked to go to the movies and I hadn't made up my mind and I got all dressed up in my sari and stuff and at the last minute I went to meet the guy. but I did attend afterward. LOL

• if you're in an actual relationship then it's different. I'm talking about if you're just dating someone or just "special" friends with that person

• friends are friends regardless of genitalia. if I am spending time with any friends it would always be rude and ill-advised, to randomly leave. that said most of my friends are guys- but they are not more important than my friends who are women.

• honestly if a guy isn't bros before hoes its a major turn off. I have no reason to put you above my friends or preexisting plans so you shouldn't put me above yours even if it bugs me at the time.

• My sisters are top-priority! I made the terrible mistake of letting myself get sucked into a guy, and ignoring my friends, he broke my heart and my friends still stood by me. I love my sisters and I will never make that mistake again!

• glad to hear it. in my honest opinion I see girls ditch their friends for a guy they like more than guys do for girls. I mean ya if you have a model waiting on you it's different but for the most part I hate the people who ditch their friends for a person all the time. then when the relationship doesn't work, all of a sudden they wanna hang out again with their friends . gtfo.

• Ya, I felt like a big b****, and my friends still helped me through everything, which just proves the law almost every girl lives by: boyfriends come and go, but girlfriends are forever! ;)

• Chicks before d***s <3

• wow I'm surprised I've never heard that one. so simple yet so effective. lol

What Guys Said 7

• Anyone who has ever spoken the words 'bros before hoes' and wasn't being sarcastic is incredibly lame, stupid, and probably a repressed homosexual.

• you misunderstood good sir. yes its a sarcastic thing, the simple point is how many times have you left hanging out with friends to visit a girl? you don't have to be all negative just because you've never had the opportunity to make that decision. either that or your wife keeps your testicles neatly tucked away in her coin purse.

• see. that's all I was asking. an opinion. no need to be a negative nancy

• sure there is

I am pissed off okay!

• I would say that it depends how strong the relationship is between the guy and the girl. Like if they were in a relationship for a while then definitely text back. No girl wants to be ignored and you shouldn't make them feel that way just because you're with the 'lads'. But their does come a time in a relationship where the partner does become priority over friends and I think that's right, like when it's time to start getting serious.

But if it's just a girl that you have just started seeing, still text back but keep it short and sweet. The worst thing for a girl is having to wait for a guy to text back when they're really into him.

• bro if a girl text you and said that she is bored to you and you were out with the guys you should tell the guys you need to go because if she tell you that she what you and if you just blow her of that can be a big true off to her and she my just dump your ass and find some one that is going to put her first and not the guys you are at the bar with and by the way girl are not ho,s there woman and if you call woman that on here you are not going to have a girlfriend long or think that way that girl are ho,s

• Bros haven't done much for me, but if I'm already out hanging out with my buddies I wouldn't ditch 'em to go meet a girl. If I met a girl while I was with them, I wouldn't be averse to running of for some... Alone time, though. Haha. Heat of the moment juxtaposed to disregard of company. =]

Although, if I was having a sh*t time, I'd say 'Right, I'm off'. Y'know.

• Lol f*** the bros, I'm going to my girl.

• bros over hoes? gay, but friends over girls that come and go?definatly

we should def com up with a better way of saying it haha

• Always ho's before bro's.