I am nearly 18 and never dated why don't guys like me?

ok so I've never dated or fallen for a guy I'm not a lesbian or anything I mean I know a good looking guy when I see one its no guy has ever asked me out and because if this I feel self concious around them is it because of my curly hair or that I'm overwieght I've always been bullied and I don't know why I've never really had any guy freinds of good experience with guys you know they've always picked one me

Most Helpful Guy

• > I've never dated or fallen for a guy

Two different issues. One (dating) is about how guys seem to behave towards you. Do they tend to get involved with other girls of your age at school? You can break this by taking control of your life and doing the asking for dates yourself if you like someone.

The other (never fallen for a guy) is about you. Do you like any guys? Is the not falling for someone possibly defensive (don't want to love someone who doesn't love you)? You obviously are at least visually attracted to some (from your use of "good looking guy").

> its no guy has ever asked me out and because if this I feel self concious around them

So step 1 is to start acknowledging your own feelings regardless of what others feel about you.

Step 2 is to either ask yourself, or to create the circumstances where they will ask you.

> is it because of my curly hair

Very unlikely.

> or that I'm overwieght

Depends how much - but not usually a total deal breaker. If you know you should lose some weight, take charge and do it.

> I've always been bullied

Not an issue - lots of people are, and often you end up getting served in supermarkets two years later by people who taunted you at school.

> and I don't know why I've never really had any guy freinds

Are you part of any clubs etc that guys are also part of? Do you share any interests with guys that you could talk to them about?

Try something to get more comfortable being around them. Notice what they talk about, find out more about this, then talk to them. As you get used to them, and they to you it is more likely that a relationship could happen.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't worry about it I was older than you when I had my first date, nearly 21 by the time I had my first real girlfriend, so don't sweat it.

• Ur like me, except I'm 19 and a guy :l

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure you will find the right guy soon..

• OMG you too? what is up with the world? It's like this generation of guys were born without balls, chica you are beautiful and many guys just can't handle real classy ladies who want a conversation and not sex