Online relationships?

Can they work?

Ive been talking to this guys for a over a year now and we have formed a pretty close friendship, we flirt most of the time, and I think I'm in love with him, I think he feels the same way but its always hard to tell with it just being though the internet.

I want to tell him how I feel but I think he might already know.

I just really want to know how I should approach this more than anything, I don't know how to tell him I want something more. help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Online relationships can work. I'm in one right now (kind of). The guy I'm "seeing" is in Afghanistan. We met online and didn't meet in person before he left. But he lives in the same city as me and will be living just down the street from me come September. :) In the meantime, we do things like have Skype dates where we both cook the same thing for dinner and eat together. You can play games online together. You can email all the time, and there's always the phone. You can make it last for quite some time. Obviously if you want it to progress into something more, then eventually you're going to have to meet in person. But until you do meet, if you're crazy about each other, then what's the point in giving it up? You never know until you try! As for telling him, my advice is to be straight up. If you already think he feels the same way/already knows how you feel and he isn't backing off, then he should react well. If not, at least you don't have to deal with it in person! Really, you've got the best of both worlds and don't have much to lose! Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Online relationships can work, well at least I hope so, I think if there was enough love between you two so both of you is really ready to do all they can so you can finally be together, even after few years, than yes, you can work it out :) good luck!

• Yeah they can work, but they take a lot of effort and strength (strength because it's really tough knowing you love someone but you can't be with them physically).

What Girls Said 4

• My relationship started online and I've been with him for almost 4 years now and we're going to get married too so they do work if both people really feel love for each other and want it to work.

• umm have you met him once? is it possible to date for 4 years? wasn't it hard tho?

• I've met him more than once and yeah it is possible and its hard but it is possible

• they can work though most of the time they don't. I think that it involves a lot of emotional stress. Some people may lie about what they look like , what they do for a living etc. The guy may just be playing you. Lots of things could go wrong.

• I think you can fall in love with someone online, but only if they are honest in who they are appearing to be! And you don't have outlandish expectations. I know, cause I have done it! And meeting up was beyond my wildest dreams! Good luck :-) x

• I don't think you can truly love someone without having met them in person. I met my boyfriend online, but we weren't going out till after we met. There are certain things you can only learn about someone by physically being with them- their little habits, sayings, voice inflections... things that don't seem to matter but can ultimately make or break a relationship.

If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up about this guy till you meet him in person, then take things slowly.

And obviously, be VERY careful about meeting up with anyone online :)