I like a girl I met online, but should I go for friendship or a date?

So, I've been talking to a girl online for a couple of weeks and I'm interested in either a relationship or friendship with her. Personally, I'm not sure what I want yet, but she is cool. I want to ask her to meet irl sometime soon, but I can't figure out whether I should ask her on a date or to just hang out. If there is a chance at more, I don't want to ruin it by sending her to many "just friends" signals.

She likes to talk to me about fairly personal stuff about both her and me. She asks a lot of personal and aspirational questions. She has expressed an interest a couple of times in what I find attractive in women or if I have a type (which felt like a test to me of how shallow I was because she follows it up asking things like if I would date someone who was disfigured or if I like large breasts.) I am quite different from her description of attractive traits in men (like 50%.) She keeps seeking reassurance that I like talking to her and am not bored by her. The only physical compliments I have got from her have been about my eyes (which was the first thing she said is an important feature on a guy.) Oh, and we chat a lot and for pretty long extended periods at a time.

What I want to know is if she sees me as a potential date or a potential friend? Should I ask her to hang out as friends or on a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should just go for friend right n0o0w so you can get to know each other better s0o0o you can have a better connection before you start to date. So I would just ask her out as friends for n0o0wo but let her know that you are into her though s0o0o she doesn't begin to like another person. Best Of Luck :)

What Girls Said 3

• She says what she isn't. You can never really know someone until you meet them in person.

• Ask for a date, and you will find out if she is dating material or friend material. WHat have you got to loose!

• Bit of an old question, but thanks for the answer anyway. Nothing to lose, I know. I haven't met her yet, but we do have plans coming up soon. :)

• Thats good to hear! I'm sure your going to have a great time. lets hope you don't end up with an old granny :) just kidding

• ask her out for coffee and see what happens

What Guys Said 1

• You know, in my experience you can't really tell if you want to date someone until you meet them in person. I don't think there's a classification for the first time you meet. It's sort of both a date and just hanging out. I wouldn't try and make a decision until you've met her in real life. After you've met her and talked to her in person, then start thinking about whether you want to date her. There's so much to a person that can't really be conveyed online.