Is NOT kissing on the 1st date bad?

so I met this guy josh about 3 months ago...we text each other about once a week just really casual. We both work about 60-70 hr weeks we are both 25yrs old... so we finally met up to go out we were both nervous and had big smiles plastered on our faces...the whole entire night he was complimenting me and kept saying how glad he was to b there with me I was a bit more coy about it and did mention I was having a great time as well...we held. Hands and walked on the beach(I know typical) lol it was time for me to head home and we just hugged. I normally rush things on the 1st date but this time I wanted to take things slow. I actually hit it off with him and I wasn't expecting to...everyone is telling me I should of made a move? That way I could get a second date? Is this true? Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and if ill hear bk from him?

Most Helpful Girl

• its normal to want to take it slow, it prevents you from getting hurt! its possible he wanted the samething. you should always listen to yourself and focus on what you want and need for yourself, don't rush anything if you don't want to because if you try to and you're not ready it might screw things up. you have to do your part to make the relationship work and he will do his, you both just have to want for it to work. if he cares about you he will wait for you no matter how slow you want to take it. :) good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• There were two people involved in the date. You shouldn't put all the pressure to make a move on yourself. Obviously, he didn't make a move either, so it would be kind of hypocritical of him to not want a second date with him because you didn't kiss him. Honestly, it may sound stereotypical, but he's the guy. A lot of things have changed in terms of dating dynamics, but some things have remained the same. One of those things is that it is up to the guy to take the initiative and make the first move, or at the very least the burden is equal. There is no way you had the total burden of making a move in this situation, so you did nothing wrong.

• It's a risk for sure. I think if you're interested to should signal it by kissing. If not, you run the risk that the guy figures you aren't interested and decides not to spend any more time on you and to pursue other options. That's especially important as you both seem to work a lot. I know if I don't have too much time, I don't want to waste it on a girl who isn't interested in me.

Personally, I'll generally still go for a second date (but if I'm busy and have other options she'll probably move down the list) but if she doesn't kiss then, there probably won't be a third date.

What Girls Said 3

• i would think it's up to him to mke the move, and if he didn't kiss you, he probably just doesn't want to rush things either! I am currently dating a guy who just kissed me on the cheek on our first date. we only French kissed on our fifth date. It's totally fine and he sounds like he's really in to you :-)

• OMG thank you! I normally do kiss on the first date...but those never work out...So I wanted to try to refrain and just enjoy the night...I wanted to leave him wanting more hopefully :) I really hope he calls or wants to visit.

• nope its not so bad you just need to get to know the dude more before you kiss

so to me its not a bad thing just kiss him on the next date

• is not bad at all..slow is good!