Dating someone in the military?

Whats your thoughts on dating someone in the military. I'm looking to start dating again. Never really dated that much in my later years of college, to focused on finishing my degree. Now that I'm in the military its hard to find the time. Between working 12 hours a day and being in the field I don't have a lot of time to spend with someone. But I want to start dating again. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure you can make it work.

I dated someone who was in the military and now I"m married to him.

When we dated, he was stationed in Italy and in a class in NC for 6 months. I found him online at the time he was in NC and I was in NC too. We knew each other from elementary school, jr, high, high school etc. Anyways, I worked and he worked too, but we wrote long letters to each other on Facebook for about a month. Then he got my number and called me every night from 8pm-9pm. Then after that he moved back to Italy and we skyped for an hour every day during lunch my time and after he got off work. After skyping for so long, he decided to just marry me so we are married now. He still goes off some times for months at a time but when he is gone, we try to write Facebook letters and chat or skype.

It can happen. You can date if you want, just know what girl you want and then go for it. Look around. There's the internet now so that helps out with connecting to a lot of people. good luck

What Girls Said 8

• The right girl would be there for you, regardless of whether she thought she might actually date a military man or not. When you meet the right person, you take on anything you need to to make it work.

As for casual dating, like if I met you when you were already in the military, it's not something I could personally do. I've tried it and it really took a toll. I couldn't handle hardly seeing my boyfriend, especially if he's gone weeks/months at a time sometimes. It's a complete lifestyle change if the relationship gets serious.

But I know there are many girls who'd give you a chance, the "military" appeal can be very charming. I doubt you'd have problems finding somebody. I'd say just let her know upfront and go from there.

• I know I would be honored to date a military man.

You're an amazing person and may whatever God you may or may not believe in bless you. A lot of people don't support what the military is doing and while I don't like the wars we're involved in I do support the soldiers that go there to fight for what they believe.

I'd be honored to date you. I really would. And I would do whatever was needed to keep that relationship going. I would sacrifice and give whatever needed because, he's going to the farthest lengths to do what he thinks is right. And, if I love him, I'll do everything I can to keep him because a man that does what he believes to be right, and does what he can to help people... Well, that's a man worth keeping. Some one cares so much about the well being of others that he'd risk his life, that's some one worth hanging on to.

That's just my opinion.

• Like sailors_girl said; you have every right to find the love of your life, and God Bless you for your serving. I think people in the military deserves way more love and attention because of their life being a risky factor everyday (if not everyday, then most days).

For some women its easy to get hooked up with a military men/soldier because of their looks in the uniform. Stripping the uniform off would maybe give you another story. Some just avoid soldiers because

1. their absence

2. being afraid to lose them everyday

3. hard to have physical contact

You really need to find someone that truly loves you for who you are. Having said that, that should lead to her willing to wait for you no matter how long you take, be there for you no matter what, love you and be with you by your side whether you've lost your arm or a leg, and always put you in first priority rather than work or family. That's because - losing a job opportunity or failing a paper wouldn't be as bad as losing the love of my life. Sounds too emotionally driven, but I mean I don't want to regret for what I didn't do for him (I date a military soldier of CPL rank).

No matter how busy I am, how much time he consumes my busy life ( I work as a digital designer and it take loads of my time) I always put him in front and stop everything for him. You need someone like that; trust is highly important.

It's also best to find someone that has the same goal and belief as you; if both of you have different goals and beliefs, its very hard to even talk about anything much. Think carefully - WHY do you want to date? HOW are you going to find her? WHAT is your goal? You need to take in more considerations than a normal citizen since you're a soldier. Not telling you to stop looking for someone; but have that in mind.

As for me, I have the main problem with my parents; my parents don't want me to be with someone so unsteady. Someone that can die any day, someone that goes through the Hells of life that probably would drag me into the Hell hole as well, as well as not being able to take good care of me in the future because they can't do anything but being violent and brute for their occupation. My boyfriend is planning to get out of the Military after a while because he doesn't want me to freak out everyday, as well as wanting to live a stable life with me. But we still haven't thought about how he's going to feed me and a family if he was no longer a soldier.. So far we're just going by the "we shall walk the path that God shows us".

Wish you all the best, I really hope that every soldier gets to love and be loved at least once in their tough lives.

• You have every right to find the love of your life, and God bless you for serving. I hope that you find someone that will wait for you faithfully and be there for you no matter how far away from her that you go. Try an online site Military pen pals.net

Good luck and God bless

• There is a guy I like that is in the Marines.. I would totally date him! He is funny and sweet but long distance is hard and can work but the possibilities are low.

• it's cool

• I think evidence shows that there are many women interested in men in the military. I unfortunately don't see my lifestyle fitting in with the military lifestyle so I tend to steer away from men that are. Not to say, that, that wouldn't change if the guy that was right for me just happened to be in the military. For me there's too much up in the air, especially concerning when/where you live. I don't care to move around or live far from what I'm use to. Everyone (well, almost everyone) works and your job isn't that much different from any others and that is something (scheduling) that every couple has to deal with.

• My thoughts on dating someone in the military? EPIC WIN. I always love the idea that my man is protective of me, and will protect me no matter what. What better man to have protecting me than the man who protects our country? I understand that you have other commitments, like working in the field, and working 12 hours a day, but as long as I am set in the idea that I am the only girl on your mind, the time apart won't make me mad or jealous or anything. I'll just enjoy the thought of you thinking of me wherever you are. :) My advice would be to find a woman who is set in your relationship, where time away from her won't make her nervous or phsyco or anything. That way, you don't feel guilty or annoyed for having to do your job, a very respectable job, one that she should treat with respect also, or she's not worth your time. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Well its better than nothing if you meet the right girl she will understand your busy schedule. Go for it even I have time to have fun from my schedule.