Would it be possible for you to start dating/be with somebody you are not physically attracted to?

I've read a lot of questions from people on "what makes you like a person" (and similar questions) and almost everybody answers eighter that it's a combination of personality and looks or just looks. So I was wondering if you would be able to start dating, and maybe eventually be in a relationship with somebody who you might not find very attractive? you love the personality and you are great friends, but nothing more has happened. you don't find the person ugly, you just not find her particularly pretty.

I don't think that there is none physical attraction at all, because the guy I'm referring to has told me I'm really good looking, but I don't think he finds me that pretty compared to other girls he know...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think physical attraction is impossible to separate from the concept of finding someone attractive. Physical attraction is part of finding someone attractive. That doesn't mean that it is an objective standard. Physical beauty can be very subjective and different people have different types. I have female friends who have amazing personalities, are considered gorgeous by a great many guys, but I am not attracted to them because physically they are not my type. Personality alone isn't enough, if you love someone's personality but have no physical attraction, then you will be close friends. Physical attraction is not optional, yet people sometimes don't realize that because it can be subconscious.

What Guys Said 3

• Considering 99% of my attraction IS personality, I'd probably be fine lol. I mean, physically attractive is just a bonus imo.

• no. needs to be attraction there otherwise you're just forcing a friendship into something it's not.

• If you're not attracted to them at all, then you probably won't last very long if you start dating. It's probably best to stay just friends.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, for me it's absolutely possible. I've done that. . The guy was quite fat but great personality and very much into me, loving and caring... I never liked him as a a man, but to be honest no one has f***ed me like that, it hurt a lot yet was great...

• i've done it.. but if you don't feel the love and attraction don't fool yourself

• no actually I really couldnt.

• Would it be possible? Of course. Anything is possible.

Would it last? Most likely not. There has to be at least SOME physical attraction, sexual tension and sexual chemistry for a good relationship. Otherwise you're just friends...