When did you first go on a date?

How old were you on your first date? Was it a one time flop and the serious dating start later? Where'd did things fly from there?

How common (or uncommon) are the chronically sinlge, and to what age (appox) does that normally last?

• 13 and under
  • 14-16
  • 17-20
  • 21+
  • Still Haven't...
The date can be whatever you consider your first date. Formal/informal, etc. Whatever you consider to be true for you.
I personally, am two weeks away from being put into letter D.(currently an E). It bothers me at times, but when I really look at my life, I enjoy the freedom to travel and choose out my path without having to worry about maintaining a relationship.
(darn character limits) Though there have been various occasions with single male friends that have turned very date-like.but they were all people who are normally 5+ hours away, making starting something serious really near impossible.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was 12. It was two years after I came to the US from my country, Belarus. I didn't know shit about dating and what to do properly, so I went with a movie scene. I took her out to sushi, (I even practiced eating sushi before we went on the date so I could learn how to use the chop-sticks and get used to the taste, lol.) we had a great time. When we were done I was walking her home and I asked her out to be my girlfriend outside of her house. She said yes, so I was obviously happy.

When I started walking away I was asking myself; "how do you ask a girl out after a date?" For some reason I felt dumb and thought that I should have asked her out to be my girlfriend before the date, but now I realize what I did was fine.

ps. This girl, it was kinda special too because it was my first girlfriend and she was the most beautiful girl in our school, she was the morning announcer for our school and she was in one of the smartest classes in school. I guess what attracted me to her was that I seemed clueless, still, after two years in a different country and I still had an accent.

And another important and funny thing I forgot to mention would be that I forgot my money at home to pay for our lunch. I was about to run out of the restaurant to get my money (I forgot the cash in my other jeans because I switched right before going out.) but she stopped me and payed herself. I felt like an ass, but I bought her flowers and a box of chocolates the next morning before school =D

What Guys Said 7

• My first date was the beginning of my first real relationship. I was 13, didn't know shit about love, but it was fun!

• 13, handholding at the fair.

• I was 20. Sure there was this time around like 14 when girl asked me if I was going to disco and we meet there. But that wasn't really something I call proper date. I think it took till 20 cause I was so damn shy, that I didn't even have guts to ask girls that I knew were interested in me out on a date. Sadly those girls didn't seem to be 1st move makers either. Or well even if they made move that was bit of subtle I didn't react. So it took pretty much till this one girl came around and informed me that I have a date next friday. Hehe. Well I'm starting to loose my shyness slowly but surely.

• 28% have said never so far

some of them should post up and mabey seek some advice

(btw, 14 for me)

• Is that like a proper date, date to find out if you would go out with the person, or does it include just a fling date? Is it at a restaurant, coffee shop, going out to a specific place etc. or does randomly hooking up count as a date?

• I was 15 during my first date.

It was a one-time thing, but not a flop.

• I wanted to wait until I was responsible and such.

What Girls Said 9

• Im 21 and besides senior prom, which I don't know I would consider that anything, I would say I'd never been on a date. I don't know how long my singleness will last. I think its mostly my decision.

• omg this question brought back how scary jr high was, I went with a guy when we were in jr high, we ended up going to some country resturant and his mother went with us! lolz it was by far the worst date ever! I still know the guy but we don't talk as much as we did in jr high and I remember when people around the jr high found out we were dating these two girls kept bugging us and used oreos as magic dust and crumbled them on our heads when we were sitting together! Jr high was the weirdest two years of my life! glad I'm in highschool now!

• Oh High school...I'm glad I'm in college.

• Ha I can't wait to get out of highschool, you know at first I though there wouldn't be any drama at all. I found out there is more drama in highschool than middle school.

• im 15. I went to a private school until this year. the education and bball was better than public schools around, but there were only 4 guys in my class. 3 were quite a bit shorter than me, and the other is an ass. I took forever for me to realize that... I'm E.

• I was 15, and the little relationship after didn't last very long.

• I think I was 15 on my first proper date. It wasn't a one-time thing - I ended up dating the guy for a bit longer than a year

• Wow everybody is so young.

• I was 12 when I went on my 1st date. It was at the skool dance, something little like that.

• I went on my first date when I was sixten with the guy I'm stil dating.

• At the age of 15, it was so fun and ridiculous