Going on a date with a girl and she says she wants to bring her brother and his girlfriend?

invited a girl to dinner and movies and she just called me saying she wants to bring her brother and his gf... does this mean she is not interested... we just met true but I feel like she wouldn't bring her brother if she was really interested.

i guess I might be considered an asshole for this but I decided to cancel the date.. I'm not feeling like going on a date with her and her protective brother, deep down I just feel like I will be friend zoned if I go on this date.
just called her and apologized saying I didn't feel to well. she said it was fine and that we should do something some other time.

Most Helpful Girl

• she is scared and insecure.. but kind of get it why you canceled brother is kind of weird first date.. guy did that to me but suggested friends I was still a bit annoyed

What Girls Said 3

• It doesn't mean she's not interested, she's simply a little nervous considering you "just met." Having her brother there makes her feel safer. I would say bail on it if she offered to bring a friend, because then that is hanging out territory. But because she's bringing another couple along, I'd say it's more like a double date. If she weren't interested she wouldn't be going at all.

• ok... but I feel like I won't be able to be intimate with her with her brother around. should I maybe be sneaky and try holding her hand while her bother is looking away? :p

• Lol I wouldn't be concerned with being too intimate on the first date. It's about getting to know each other, and I wouldn't suggest pushing it even if her brother wasn't around. If you're going to a movie or something you can hold her hand in the theater if she's OK with it. Her brother won't be paying much attention then. Overall, don't move too fast. Make her feel comfortable on this date, and you're more likely to get a second one where things can progress a little more.

• I know this question is old, but I'm answering anyway. That's sucks. She must be nervous or something.

• maybe she's just nervous and wants a support system

What Guys Said 8

• Probably wants a little protection, especially if it's her first date. She won't know what to do and can follow her brothers girlfriend for guidance, and she'll also have her brother with her so she has a connection to her one safe place, her family. She'll feel more secure and less likely to get scared and want to go home early, as well.

You should be alright with her bringing her brother, because it'll help the date go a little smoother without her being frightened and such, which can lead to more comfort, and the feeling of security around one another.

If it bothers you, just be honest. I would honestly bother me, because I believe in privacy and private relationships...I couldn't kiss, cuddle or joke with my girlfriend if I had friends or other people I know around, especially if I felt like they were watching my every move.

If you want to be with just her and you, pick a date which allows you to be in the same area but not fully together - the movies is a good choice, cause you can pick different seats or at least different movies running at the same time of day. Just don't rage and be mad with her, explain how it makes you feel a bit awkward (if it does) and she'll probably understand. Girls are good at that.

Good luck with your dating and have fun. :)

• cheers, I do feel like it might be really awkward so I will try and avoid focusing on her and just trying to be friendly to everyone. maybe this way the next date she will feel OK with coming alone.

• Should do. Especially if you can find out what she's worried about. Her brother might be a good target, he could tease her about it. Pick up everything, and try your best not to do it, even if it was a snide comment. Will help her feel comfy.

Good luck man. :)

• Sounds like a double date. link (maybe that girlfriend (or her parents) wanted a chaperon link

• im sorry but I laughed pretty hard at your pic. what kind of pose is that bwahahah

• it is my black eye and bloody knuckles... related to different question.

• bail on it

• It means she's interested but doesn't quite feel safe around you. If you like her, it shouldn't be a problem.

• ok, honestly, its not that she wasn't interested, she just doesn't want to be alone with you just yet, I know sounds stupid, and sounds like she doesn't trust you, but really, she is interested otherwise she wouldn't have accepted to go out, and just think of it as a "double Date" and a chance to get to know her family, so if you goo out again, this time you should just INVITE her brother and his girlfriend...then she will see that you care enough to get to know her family...

• maybe she wants a double date, or she's nervous, there all kinds of reasons. or brother pestered her to come along, it probably has nothing to do with you

• think you did well!