He's 21, I'm 16, Is this bad?

Theres this guy I'm interested in, and he's 21, but I'm only 16. He likes me too, and he keeps swearing if we hung out, he wouldn't make me do something I don't wanna do, and doesn't wanna make me feel uncomfortable. I know I shouldn't really go out with him or anything, and I don't think I'm going to.. but is it still okay to hang out with him and all that, despite the age difference?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hanging out with him is fine. Dating him is where is where people might raise an eyebrow. Though to be honest in two years hardly anyone would care. The age gap between me and my girlfriend is wider than yours with him, and we're fine together. Though we started dating when she was 19 and it's kinda a non-issue at that point.

Anyway the point here is, if you just wanna be his friend, and you think he's a cool enough guy to hang with, then hang out with him. No big deal. After all you're just friends. If you want something more, and you really think something can come of it, then age is just a number, for the most part, and all you need to do is remember that in two years nobody will care.

Think about it. In the mean time I hope this was enlightening. Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• Hanging out alone with someone with such an age different isn't an overall good idea. At 21, his interests and place in life should be a lot different than yours. What sort of things would you have in common with him more so than a girl that is his own age?

~Distant

• I agree, even if your just friends it can be taken the wrong way. I would keep things as friends. I wouldn't hang out with him alone.

• Hanging out is fine, though I'd give it another year or two before thinking about going out. My sister went out with her current boyfriend when she was 17 and he was 28. Though both of them are extremely rare cases, so I'd still be careful.

• hanging out is OK, just be careful. THINGS can happen. so be on guard

• i think it is fine. women tend to be more mature than guys anyway.

What Girls Said 4

• if you don't feel comfortable about it don't do it.

• HUGE difference between 16 and 21 emotionally. Wait until you're 18.

• If you were 18/19 and he was 23/24 it really wouldn't be a big deal at all. But at this point it's a bit sketchy. When you are in college things change.

• Still, he has way more life experience and you may not know what you want or don't want or what's good for you. Just be safe. Your mind isn't fully developed yet. You have another while to go and less than he has.