Do you like the idea of online dating?

Does it excite you? Finding someone online to end up dating him/her which involves video chatting, talking and sharing pics, videos and stuff like that to keep each other satisfied?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I don't like online dating. you can never know if they are cheating on you when your not there. They could be lying about their feelings, or if you can get a hold of a camera then you can't then you can't video chat with them and you never know if they look like they are lying to you. So Online Dating is useless and hurtful for one person in the relationship... But not as hurtful as it would be if in a face to face relationship.

• hmm. but I am very committed when in a relationship. I totally concentrate on her and give my everything. that's why I never even thought of this matter. thanks for bringing it up. so have you online dated before?

• oh my god. I am so shocked to hear that. how is the child doing right now? oh gosh! I am so sorry. is there anyway I can help you?

• My son is doing great. His father doesn't want anything to do with us so I'm happy there. But I'm not sure if there is someone out there for me. All of my relationships were just jokes. In one I was used for money. In another one I was abused, and in 3 I was cheated on. So at this point I am really thinking my son and I are meant to be alone with no husband (father) or more kids (siblings).

What Girls Said 2

• I'm in an online relationship but I do see my boyfriend regularly so its not restricted to the internet and its worked fine for us, I've been with him for 4 years and we are engaged :)

• i don't see anything wrong with it. I mean ,it's just another way of meeting people.

What Guys Said 2

• No, online dating isn't really my thing. I would like being able to meet someone in person because you can not only have an easier time making an impression on them while online, there could be a number of factors why the person doesn't look into you further. Basically, it's really easy to get skipped over online. Also, speaking person is worlds different than simply reading text. In text, most people's personality is too non-existent to really make a judgment.

So yeah, I'd prefer the old fashioned way over online dating. It's not any of the stigma attached to online dating, it's just too anonymous for my tastes. I would prefer someone to know who I am before they make a decision, and the same about me towards them. I actually don't understand why people are all of a sudden abandoning traditional dating for online dating? I hope it isn't to hide any insecurities or to avoid the challenges of dating, which is a ton of the ladies online from what I've seen my friends get with (that's all they choose to do is meet people online). I mean, I understand it for people with circumstances like work or living in a small place, that's fine. But when people use it to avoid the initial face to face meeting, that isn't good.

• I'm not opposed to the idea if the girl is worth it and we have plans to meet in the future. That is a must.

~Distant