How you define keeping company without 'dating?"

There are ways to get to know each other without dating, but what word can we use to describe that?

Let's NOT forget to rate it!

Most Helpful Girl

• The "dating" process in the USA and Britain is.. very different.

We don't "date". If you date someone over here, it means you're basically spoken for.

We'd just call it "hanging out" or "seeing eachother".

Probably the first one more so...

What Girls Said 6

• I call it companionship. You just hang out, keep each other company, but you aren't committed.

• i would like to call it companionship also, but only pets are companions. I feel rude if I call someone a companion (even if I'm thinking to myself)

• I don't feel rude. It isn't rude at all. A companion is someone who is along for the ride that you experience various things with whom you are close to.

• I'd call it hanging out. That's what I called the period before my boyfriend and I became official.

• Did you go out on "dates," or were you more just friends until you both realized you were attracted to each other?

• Well we weren't really friends to start off with. We met each other in school years ago, but we never talked to each other. We ran into each one night and that's when we started hanging out. There weren't really any dates though, most of the time we were with a group of friends when we saw each other. We both knew we were attracted to each other from early on though.

• Oh OK, very cool.

• hanging out?

• "seeing each other" ... "a thing" .. or just hanging out

• hanging out

chilling

roll with

spending time

as in

"hey I am hanging out with my friends"

"hey I am going to go chilling with marci"

hey I roll with marci and friends"

"hey I am spending time with marci"

or hey I am keeping marci company

• be friends

What Guys Said 1

• f*** buddies