Would you date a guy like me?

Let's see well, This is just a hypothetical question; I am not looking for someone to actually date me, nor am I trying to toot my own horn but I would love some feedback. I am a funny person, I always make people laugh, I love to talk and am a great listener, my friends usually always come to me for advice. I am pretty smart (3.7 GPA.) I'm athletic and I love to play all sports and I'm not bad in them. I am-not buff but not thin either; physically I would say I'm average (5'8 160 lbs.) I have dark tan skin.

As for what a lot of people tell me- I've been told I have a nice smile and I've been called cute a number of times- even by my guy friends( I hope they are joking).

The reason I ask this question is, I have been single for about 5 years now and my friends are always asking me what the deal is.

my knocks at the top of my head are: that I'm a bit shy at first but I'm only shy when an attractive woman intimidates me. And the second one is that I do not have a job right now ( I know this is a BIG one to some if not most girls). But once again I ask this just for personality-wise based on the limited information I gave, also how would your opinion change if I said to forget about looks and the job part.. and would you if I did have a job.. This is a survey for one of my psychology classes- I just don't want to say I'm doing it on me-LOL

Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I'd date you. You sound like a nice person with a good personality and I cannot honestly see why somebody would say no to you. Being shy is part of your personality too and I quite like it when boys don't act cocky- it's fun to try and get to know somebody. I guess not having a job is a down point but it's harder nowadays and it sounds like you're someone who won't be unemployed for long with your intelligence. I know you didn't come for compliments so I'll give you advice too, go out and approach girls- form a friendship and work from there because you seem like somebody who is really likable. If I am being honest flirting sometimes irritates me with cheesy chat up lines. Be yourself because even as you are I'd date you.

• Well, Not many have said no to me, In H.S I would say No to a lot mostly because I was shy, and I didn't think I was attractive, I still don't think I am, but I know I am not ugly. I try to stay humble. But I remember I would say no to a couple of girl because I was just a scared little boy. I should be the one approaching them though, I would probably see results.

What Girls Said 4

• I'd probably date you. From what you listed you seem great. Maybe the reason you've been single is because you're going for the wrong girls. Looks aren't everything, maybe your expectations a little too high? just a possibility.

• youre an interesting person to me. I'd date you but I'm taller than you my height is 5'11 heheh.. anyway, with all the things you listed they're all great! maybe its because you meet the wrong women. have you liked anyone? don't get intimidated you must have self confidence always! ;)

• Thank you for the comment, I hope I'm interesting in a good way :) You are a bit taller, but if you have a golden personality I know height wouldn't matter. I do meet the wrong women and the right women I meet I tend to keep as friends, mainly because they are near and dear to me but mostly because they are probably already taken. I guess I'm a little to late in meeting them. Thanks for the advice at the end :)

• dont worry you'll find the right one for you soon! heads up! :) good luck!

• i'd date you.

• ok.. I'd probably date you because I like a nice smile. but you're too short for me. I'm 5'7" once I found out you were jobless.. id continue to date you but it would bother me a little that you had no job. but you're bound to get one eventually. if you're looking that is. and for you being single for 5 years... you have to be the one to make the move... girls don't really do this. unless theyre drunk or really buzzed at a bar or club and don't give a sh*t haha

• I know what you mean. I'm one of the shortest of my friends, but still I consider myself average size-or maybe slightly below average. What you said about the job is exactly what I feel most girls would say or think, but then again I wouldn't blame them. I do agree with me having to have to be be the initiate towards a girl- I feel like it is common courtesy for men to do so anyway.

• yeah. well I think guys feel the same way though if a girl doesn't have a job its kind of a turn off. and yes, its common courtesy indeed :) aha

What Guys Said 3

• this isn't a question of what girls would date you, there is alwasy someone out there for everyone...its how to get them to notice everything you've listed here. so go out, be yourself, be independant but also flaunt yourself, don't brag or be a d*** about it, just do things that can show other girls what kind of person you are...saying all this is easy...its the showing it that's hard...so figure out ways to do it!

• well said :-)

• I agree with what you said, I would say the same thing if someone asked me the same, but as you said its easier said than done. I do agree with all you said.

• everything is nice in you

• If you wouldn't mind the fact I have male reproduction organs, I'd probably date you.

"Interesting people" are interesting regardless of gender, just my humble opinion.

• I'm 100% hetero, but I appreciate the comment and value your opinion.