What age is appropriate to start dating, get married, have kids?

Kids are doing things younger and younger these days.. a lot of us tend to made life changing decisions on impulse what's your opinion on the age you should or want to be when these things happen?

Start dating?

Get married?

Have kids?

And why do you think this way? Also think about if you had children at what age would you want them to do these things. Are the answers different? Why/why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating: 16 if the grades are good.

Married: 25-30 if the career is on track.

Kids:30-35 if you own your house and have 5-10 years of it paid off.

Same answer for me or my kids.

All my answers are based on building a solid financial foundation which will eventually lead to a stable home in which to raise a kid. Allow the kid to be in one school system and not bounce around. And give the parents time to travel and enjoy themselves before they settle down for the next 2+ decades without the ability to really see the world if they wanted to.

What Guys Said 5

• I think 16 is appropriate for dating. I would let my kids date at that age.

I think people should get married when they're in their 30's. I want to get married in my early thirties.

I also think people should have kids when they're in their 30's and are financially stable and can give the kids a good education. I want to have kids by the time I'm 35.

• Start dating: 17

Get married: when you want kids... or never if I listen to advice from EVERY GUY I'VE TALKED TO

Have kids: 32

• Dating - Whenever, 'dating' is vague.

Marriage - 25+ sounds reasonable, if you want to at all.

Kids - Same as marriage 25+.

In this day and age, anyway.

• sex kids marriage: 12

• dating at 16

get marred at 25

have kids 28

buy a house

have a good career on track

have some money put a way for a rainy day

What Girls Said 6

• I wouldn't say any of these are set in stone, but generally. . .

15+ dating

25+ marriage

25+ kids

The last two really depend on your financial situation and individual preferences. Any kids I have, well in terms of dating it all depends on grades and how responsible they are. As for marriage and kids, well after 21 it's all up to them. My career path would lead me to marry and have kids later in life, but my plan might be different from what my kids have in mind for themselves.

• The age at which any of these are appropriate is the age at which you are capable of accepting the consequences that may come in tandem.

I never had a set age at which I was permitted to begin dating; it seems, not only an overbearing power-maintaining technique, but detrimental to discovering how to treat the opposite gender in terms of equality and respect.

Marriage - I speak only in terms of myself here - I'd say after 25. I think my brain should be fully developed to make such a choice. All advantages, and what not.

Have kids whenever you're ready to accept that responsibility and give them the support and positive feedback they require.

• dating: 18

marriage: 25+

Kids: 30-35

• Dating: Any age! It means different things at different ages. Marriage: 21 to 24 Kids: 24-29

• 15 and up for dating

25 and up for marriage.

25 and up for kids

• I know this doesn't answer the question. Since I'm in 8th grade to me, as long as nobody's dying, then its fine.

I mean s***, kids are going to do what they are going to...and when they do something dumb they use it as an experience, not to do it again..but like I said, no one is dying.