Why does he mostly use text to communicate with me?

I went out with a guy two weeks ago and it was a great first date. We just had drinks and it was about two hours. He mentioned that maybe he could see me the following week and I gave an approving response. I actually was traveling to London but I didn't want to get too complicated. So he got in touch with me early last week to ask me out for last wed/thur and I explained that I was leaving the next day for the rest of the week. So then we planned for this wednesday. We had some texts while I was gone - I initiated the first one but they were just silly/fun. I returned yesterday and he contacted me today to confirm we are on for dinner on Wednesday. He really seems like a great guy - smart, successful, athletic, attractive, funny. I just don't understand the text as a method of communication. What do you think? Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Exactly what Riverfall113 said.

We (guys) can think over what we want to say and we can fix little things to

make it sound better instead of just "uhhhing" and stuttering through a real conversation.

It takes the fear out of sounding or looking dumb to someone you're trying to impress.

What Guys Said 3

• It's probably just super convienient for him, but definitley, if I liked a girl I would for sure call her. Hearing my voice would mean more than words on a screen. It does sound like he cares like you said, but frankly, if he cared more he would call sometimes.

• Texts are easier and a little less formal. They take some of the pressure off because you have some time to think of what to say and revise it. I would think he is nervous or very busy.

• I think you are right. He is self-employed so I know he is busy - but I didn't think nervous.

• i use text all the time.sometimes I just prefer the convenience of texting.it just a modern thing. back in the day people wrote letters and stuff like that. when is the last time you wrote a letter to someone you like for example?

What Girls Said 2

• I have to agree, it seems like texting is the modern thing to do! Also, texting is informal and very impersonal, so its easy for guys to do. He might know how busy you and and doesn't want to interfer in your daily activities and likewise with him as well.Texting for me, is cowardly.

If someone wants to ask you out and they are really interested in you, they call you. At the same time.I don't find anything wrong with him confirming dinner via text but anything else to me isn't the mode of communication that most WOMEN would want. My other thought is that you initated the texting in a fun/silly way, which is what I use it for, and now maybe he thinks that is your preference? If not, you need to tell him.

• Yeah you are probably right. He did call me for the initial one. He has his own business, so I know he is likely busy in general and so am I. I was in London last week and he had made a joke that I should say hi to the queen and so that's why I started with the silly texting (I was also out of the country so I wasn't going to use any other communication method). Well he is taking initiative which isn't cowardly but the texting is a bit different. I will wait a bit before I tell him.

• Personally I prefer to communicate with people through text, and especially a person I like. Maybe he does it because he really likes you and is afraid of saying something stupid in front of you. Maybe hearing your voice makes him feel all funny inside (in a good way) and he doesn't know how to control it. Maybe through text message is the only way he feels comfortable speaking to you. You just have to find the reason, and if it is any of the above make him feel comfortable.

Remember to stay strong, and don't let any man make you feel less of a woman!