Will he get the message, or do I need to be even more direct?

A while ago, a guy (that I had really liked and who had liked me), and I had decided a long distance relationship was not going to work. Recently, once I got a new job, it did not become long distance anymore. We've hung out a little bit since I moved, but we never really started dating, even though I know feelings are still there. We talk every now and then, but he doesn't seem to initiate or suggest anything. He's always sweet and responds to everything I say, but if I don't talk to him, I'm not sure he would talk to me. I know his job is time consuming, but I'm starting to get tired of the situation.

I don't want to seem harsh, but I was thinking of texting him and just saying: "It's clear that you can't, or don't want to hang out with me right now, which is perfectly fine. If you ever want to talk, you know how to reach me, I'm always happy to chat."

Do you think he would get the message that I'm not going to be the one to contact him anymore? I want him to know that I'm more than happy to stay in contact and build a friendship if nothing else, but I don't want to be the one that always talks to him first. I'm not mad or annoyed, just tired of it.

What Guys Said 1

• Alternatively you could say " You know, it makes me feel like you aren't really interested in me when you don't make the effort to communicate with me"

What Girls Said 0