Would you prefer a boy or girl as your first child and why?

Although you know you can't choose the gender of your first child, but there is always one that you would prefer out of the two. Which would it be?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you might have a preference now, (like, I'd say a boy) but I think if it came right down to it and your gf/wife said she was pregnant, you'd suddenly find all of that goes out the window, and you'll just want whatever it is to be healthy.

We generally don't think about what can go wrong with a pregnancy. But I think once a couple is expecting, then it's almost all you CAN think about.

What Girls Said 10

• A boy. If I ever do have children, I wan't all boys and no girls. Why? It's just what I would prefer. One of my sisters has three boys (and only because she has been trying to have a girl) and I love my nephews. My other sister has two girls and one boy and I don't really wan't to have a daughter. Plus, I also grew up with four sisters and only one brother and I attended an all-girls school so I've had enough of girls.

• im not sure how many kids I will have but I know I want a girl. so I think I would want a girl first just in case I choose not to have anymore

• A boy, so that he can protect and help his siblings and teach them about life. Like my brother did for me.

• I wouldn't mind what I got but it would be nice to have a boy first :) I always liked the thought of having an older brother but I never got one and because I'm better at picking boys names :)

• I would prefer a boy so he can help protect and lead his younger brothers and sisters.

• I'd deff wouldn't care which first but I want one of each for sure.

• i'd prefer boy. I want a boy then twin girls... although this will probably never happen :L

• girl.

• i would prefer a boy so he could protect his younger siblings

• I would love either a boy or a girl, makes no difference to me. I'd just be extremely excited to have my first child.

What Guys Said 7

• I would probably have to go with a Boy simply because we have only settled on one boy name lol, and the girls names are still set in motion - boys name in question is Ivan.

Other than that, being male, I can relate and not feel slightly awkward when 'working out the kinks' of having a baby and then a child a little easier, as well. I also have my experiences and knowledge I can use to both govern how I treat the baby boy and also the child boy later on, as well.

• I'd prefer a boy, so I can teach him all the tricks about being a man and having fun with girls, etc... This is actually an internal thing between me and my best bud... We would both have boys the same age and have them hang out as we did... :)

But I got carried away with my own story. Hope you're satisfied by my answer :D

Peace out!

• A girl.

There so cute & cuddly. You can dress them up pretty, but yet take them out & play catch or another sport. Ahhh daddys little girl.

I wish I could hit like a girl. Just watch girls softball & you'll see what I mean.

• Girl.

• Girl, so her little brother will be good with the ladies.

• Boy, because it is easier to clean after they go to the toilet in their nappies.

• Girl. I want 2 or 3 girls