Would you date a single parent?

Just curious what everyones opinion is towards dating someone who is a parent.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, at my current place in life. Seeing a single parent that has a child is a real turn-off for me as there is more of a burden, time, and effort to be invested into a relationship that may not work out. However, I do love children, and love being silly with them.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I would.

• It depends on age.

• I would.

What Girls Said 3

• I would date a single parent. But at the same time I wouldn't just be having fun with that person, I would have to really like them and start a for serious relationship with them. A person with a child has much more responsibility and I don't want to be introduced to this child's life if I don't think that I can be there for very long. Children need stability.

I guess it also depends on how many children and by how many parents. If it is multiple children by multiple partners, I'll probably ASSUME (I know, it is bad!) that this person can't be in a stable relationship and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

• It depends on what kind of parent they are. I don`t want to date a man who spoils his kids and does not know how to discipline them. I don`t want to date a man who doesn`t care about his children and lets them do whatever they like and cares very little about them and what they do and where they are. I don`t want to date a man with too many kids such as more than 3 because I might want to have kids with him aswell.

• I would consider it. It would really depend on what kind of person he was and what kind of job he had or his ambitions