Is texting or emailing any less sincere than calling?

Is it? Would you prefer a call over a text? Please elaborate, thanks!

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Guy

• Well let's just put it this way. A call is so much faster than a text or an email and you get direct immediate feedback. So just from an efficiency standpoint you're better off calling, it saves so much more time.

Then if it's more sincere. Well I don't know. I'd say it depends on how you feel. If you writing something from a place of earnesty I think that will most likely come across.

And on the flipside, anyone can put on an act on the phone and make it convincing to the other person.

I would say I prefer to recieve texts and emails and give the phonecalls myself. More convienient.

What Guys Said 4

• I believe calling is the most sincere way of contacting someone besides the obvious video-chat. You have to find a quiet place and then stop whatever you're doing just to talk to the person you're calling. Whereas texting can be done at any time.

~Distant

• Yes, definitely. Me personally, I take everything said through text with a grain of salt, even from people I trust. Not with voice though.

• I have a friend that hates phone calls. She would rather text instead. That is one major reason why I would never date her.

• Calling is more sincere, as you can actually hear them, rather than texting someone that you might not know.

What Girls Said 8

• I have a really bad habit of texting, I'm really not a call person: to the point where my boyfriend banned me from texting lol. I just feel more comfortable expessing myself by text, I find it easier to write what I think rather than say it, because I'll sometimes get tangled up with my words. I do appreciate calling is a lot quicker, and its nice to hear the person's voice, but texting is my preference

• I LOVE talking on the phone. You get to hear their voice and they can't hide behind the words of a text message. I think talking is better because then you are able to figure out of the other person is able to actually keep up a conversation. Even if they are a shy person, its relieveing when you can kinda tell that they are warming up to you when you are actually talking to them. ^_^

• Calling means a lot more to me than texting. As texting might be a lot easier, things can be taken out of context. Also, you cannot live your life texting how you feel. The occasional text like "i miss you" "thinking about you." is very sweet and could be done if the person is working, but when your off work, home and just hanging around picking up the phone means a lot more than sending a text that says hi.

• Yes, I believe that calling is more sincere than texting/email. It is a lot more direct and you actually hear the voice of the person you're talking to so it's more realistic. Whereas with texting/email, you're just reading a message and waiting around for replies.

• I think it depends on the situation. Sometimes a long, heartfelt e-mail is better than a quick phone call. Also, I hate phones haha. Something about a disembodied voice freaks me out a little bit.

• Yes it is less sincere. roughly 80% of communication is non-verbal. At least when you're on the phone I can pick up your tone of voice and whether you speak softly or loudly, whether you stutter or speak confidently. All these cues can give me a lot more information than written text.

• Texting or emailing can sometimes seem unsocial, so it's nice to have a balance.

• i hate talking on the phone so i think its fine to text or email...