Who should I choose?

i spoke to my ex last night, he said we won't be getting back together if I sleep with someone else, thing is I still love my ex however I'm starting to like this other guy and things are kinda getting steamy but I know it can't get serious cause he's leaving in a month, I still see a future with my ex but part of me wants to move on, I don't know what to do.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Your ex is called an ex for a reason. One or both of you decided that the relationship wasn't worth fighting for anymore and it was better to walk away. Why would you want to be in a relationship with someone that could very easily walk away from you again and have a repeat of the pain. I like to view life as a puzzle that I'm putting together to form a beautiful picture. Now your ex wasn't the right fit into your puzzle, no matter how much you want to cram him into the slot it just isn't going to work whether its now or later. This is you time, you get to be selfish with your time, do whatever the hell you want, have some fun time and stop and smell the roses in your life. So forget about your ex and just do you. Whether that's having a fun fling or doing something you have never done keep moving forward onto new paths rather than traveling old paths that brought pain. Hope that helps.

• A rule of them that I have always lived by, with limited exceptions: An ex is an ex for a reason. Why did you guys break up in the first place? If it's because you weren't getting along, I bet sooner or later if you do get back together you will eventually run into the same problems that broke you guys up in the first place. If you are already having doubts, I say it's best you move on. Do what you think is best for you, I know it's hard to tell when you're torn between two possibilities, but just follow your gut. What do you honestly feel is best? It's something only you can decide, no one on here can give you the right answer you have to find it within yourself.