Continue dating the dorky, good guy? Or hold out for someone better?

We've only been on 5 dates, but half the time I think he's too dorky, jewish, or not cute enough to be with. I'm christian so our religious views differ and I worry he's too "cheap" and uptight about some things when I'm the complete opposite. He's really smart, was on the chess team, and his friends are nerdy. I was a cheerleader and always dated the "cool" guy. I know this was years ago, and he knows how to party, but not as cool as I'd like. All of the cool guys broke my heart since my values weren't the same. We're older so it shouldn't matter as much about these things, but when I see flashier guys that are cuter, I am not as interested in him even though he would probably make a perfect husband, provider (he's very successful) and always makes me laugh and intrigues me. These things attract me, but is it enough to get over the other things? I think it's a bad sign when I'm more into other cute guys I meet randomly than this guy I just started dating.

Is it OK to marry and date the dorky guy even if he has a lot to offer? Everyone says looks fade and a good heart means a lot more than a fun time. What do you recommend I do? Continue dating or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Judging only by the way you wrote that, you shouldn't continue dating this kind of guy. He doesn't seem like your type, at all. A few things that made me jump to this conclusion:

"not cute enough to be with"

"he knows how to party, but not as cool as I'd like"

"but when I see flashier guys that are cuter, I am not as interested in him even though he would probably make a perfect husband"

You seem to have looks and having a cool style matter to you too much to ignore that, this is what this guy lacks. I'd say let the guy go, another girl will more than likely like him for the exact reasons you don't, and that's what he'd deserve.

What Guys Said 3

• wow! I think you answered your own question...imagine how you will feel when he pisses you off while he is being nerdy, and not cute enough...etc.

• this guy sounds kinda jewie and you sound like a gold digger. Match made in heaven!

• Wow...you would not go out with a guy, because he is JEWISH?...wow...

...

What Girls Said 0