Texting with woman or men?

My phone has unlimited text however not unlimited talking. So I generally text girls and I like texting because it gives me a bit of a pause to think exactly what I want to say, however I hate how sometimes I text someone and they don't have "proper texting etiquette" I guess you would call it. I hate getting one word texts or if someone asks a question and I respond they go *oh alright* to my answer. They don't try to further the conversation and they don't end it.

So I get a bit annoyed and I either start on a different topic or continue the conversation. Sometimes I might end it if I feel the conversation is going on too long. So let me ask you woman or men. Why exactly do people only put one word answers or just don't further the conversation and then get mad when you end it?

Most Helpful Girl

• well I think its because they are either busy or they don't really know how to reply for example if you tell someone I can't hang out because I have to work and they just say oh alright then it probably means they are somewhat disappointed because they can't see you and don't want you to know they are dissapointed or it can mean that they are done talking or think the conversation is over because through tx its very hard to see expression or emotion or how the person meant to say something you may think they are upset or aggrivated on your end but really on their end they are just fine but meant what they said to be taken a diffrent way but I know what you mean I hate that to I hope this helps

What Girls Said 4

• I have aked this too, I totally agree. I get so frustrated. People say it's just quick and easy, but if they feel like talking or they say you're mad because you're not saying much but it's because their lack of involvement. So yeah, I hate that and when that happens, I take it as a hint that they don't wanna talk or are too busy.

• idk ,maybe they wanna end the conversation or they don't know what to say ,this really annoys me.i've never done this simply because I'm a chatterbox I always have things to talk about ,my best friend used to be a quiet calm person but after spending some time with me she turned into a talkative person sometimes I start thinking that I'm mad because I'm always cheerful even if I've got billions of complicated problems, and others even if they haven't problems they are quiet and pessimistic it seems that people stopped smiling ,talking and living the life.

• Texting is annoying, why don't you just call her if you have something to say - it's a lot faster.

• well if it's a girl she prob wants you to keep chasing her.

What Guys Said 2

• One tip is when you text girls, try to keep the conversations shorter and make sure you are the one to end them. That way, you can keep them from getting boring and you show that you have more important things to do than sit there typing on your phone.

• some people can't think of what to say rite away, my fone is the same way and I get this too. I think if they took 5 more minutes to think before they responded they could have came up with something better to say. I don't think much of it just continue to text like it was a fone convo. and try to make it interesting enough so the slow people can think of something else to reply with than "lol" or "oh ok"