Did he like the surprise kiss?

I gave him a surprise kiss on the lips & he just sat there but didn't move away & then gave him another one & still the same thing but instead of moving away he put chapstick on. Did he like the kiss or was he just being polite to not hurt my feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't know how to respond if someone reacted that way either. Did you exchange any words after or since? How does he act around you? Avoiding? Nervous? Friendly? Like it never occurred? Did you leave after that and he made no show of stopping you? Or were you interrupted by someone and compelled to carry on as if it hadn't occurred? When he put on the chapstick what was his expression? If he looked bored or disinterested I'd say he wasn't into it. If he looked in any way confused, surprised, or just out of it he was probably surprised and didn't know how to react but he could be interested I know I would be surprised stupid if someone kissed me. If he was blushing maybe that's a good sign. I have a guy I like as well at the point I did this we really had exchanged very few words but I just hugged him. He returned it and it was a frontal hug with both arms but it was very fast and he seemed embarrassed! He didn't say anything about it but we are talking now and getting on well but I haven't tried hugging him again lol I am scared to make him uncomfortable but I think at this point a friendly hug would seem less out of nowhere then my previous attempt still I can't decide if its okay.

• The day after it happened I texted him I love the detergent he used to wash his clothes & he texted back "it loves you too."

• Aww that's cute its good he's talking to you and not avoiding =) At least it sounds like you might carry on as friends if nothing else. So he may have been caught offguard. When do you see him next? Seeing him face to face will give you feedback if he's embarrassed/nervous, distant, or more friendly than you expect. I hope its positive feedback!

What Guys Said 1

• It was a surprise kiss and that was exactly the reaction he got. Surprised. That doesn't mean he didn't like it though. ;)

What Girls Said 3

• In what situation was this? It is possible that you embarrassed him if it was public. I guess if he is a friend of yours, you can try to gage this by his response if you see him again and he talks to you. If he talks to you about it or if he totally ignores it, you know? I think if he ignores it and doesn't pursue you, then you have your answer.

He was definitely being polite. But he may have liked it, but he may be shy & not like PDAs.

• DAMN girl, you have some spine to do that. Wish I was like you. And that has to be THE funniest response ever. No words, just chapstick. But in order to really answer this Q, you have got to give more information.

• Ooh, that is tricky! I'm going to have to say he was either really stunned and caught off gaurd and didn't know what to do, or he just wasn't feeling it like you were. Is this a first date, a co-worker, a boyfriend..?