Prom.....Oh Lord......

So my Junior Prom is around the corner. As of now I'm not going. Here are my reasons.

1. I don't want to go with a friend. If I wanted to hang with my friend then I wouldn't pay $100 for a tux and $20 for a ticket.

2. As said above, it costs a lot of money, money I don't have.

3. If I were to take someone, I want to have a slight chance that something might come of it. Which won't happen at my school.

Prom is seriously hyped up and for what? To grind the night away in tuxes that other people have already grinded the night away in? f*** that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Chillin at home or with friends and playing video games>prom and other high school bullsh*t.

What Girls Said 5

• I was one of those "rebel against the system" kids.

Personally, I'm f***ing glad I went to prom. You see my stepmom (not my actual mom) was the one who insisted I go, and you know what--I may have hemmed and hawed and bought ridiculously expensive dresses and paid bullsh*t money for tickets (ours were 50...)--but I had a damn good time.

And now that she's no longer with us...

It's one of my more fond memories of her, because without her, I would have never gone. And I looked DAMN good on Prom night. And yeah, I went with a friend. But so what.

Yes Prom is hyped up, yes it's ridiculous...but...you should go.

• If you can't get a date don't go.

• I didn't say I can't get a date hon. Don't put words in my mouth.

• If I were to take someone, I want to have a slight chance that something might come of it. Which won't happen at my school. = no date

Wanting to go with someone you get to have sex with or girlfriend later but just going with any chick = no date

• 3. If I were to take someone, I want to have a slight chance that something might come of it. Which won't happen at my school. - Please if you want that, go to prom and talk to girls, make more friends, be social! Go and have fun!

• you should go :P

or come to mine tee hee or take me :P

haha

:P

• in other words you can't get a sate and want to make other reasons on y you aren't going..

• In other words, no. Even if I had a girlfriend, I'd suggest not going. Prom is just like Homecoming in nicer clothes. Its all grinding, loud, obnoxious music, with everybody drunk or high. And I can get a date, no one really says no to prom. Sorry to burst your theory hon.

• u stfu and act your damn age and go to prom!

• So a 17 year old is required to go to prom to act their age? I see. Your logic is flawless.

What Guys Said 3

• it is very hyped, I never attended any of my school dances, waste of time and money

• Yeah I didn't go to my prom for almost similar reasons. I have never like formal dance get together type atmospheres either.

• I actually went to my prom. It was okay (I.E. did not get laid) but the money spent was not worth it.